Bitter Melon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kfeng

Assistant Cook
Anyone know any secret to cut down on the bitterness? I try washing with salt and that didn't do too much? Seems to be one of the tough squash sweeten? :mad:

Hi Kfeng,

I don't use the stuff...Well haven't used it for years. I just don't like the bitterness!

I don't know of any way to cut the bitterness. I certainly have never heard of any way.

It is often stuffed with pork and steamed or boiled. Most people will just remove the pork for eating and discard the melon.

If you are using it for medicinal reasons, then you should be able to get it in a liquid or capsule form from a health food store.

I hope that helps:chef:

sounds silly, but equal parts white/rice vinegar and sugar, basically a gastrique...eat raw and dip in the sauce, makes for some decent eats, and a maybe upset stomach. same sauce, or just vinegar, goes great with green mango.

:LOL: hmm...Tattrat..are we still talking about the same thing? Rice/vinegar I will tried. Nothing too silly..hope the stomach can take it. :) I am actually thinking about sugar to muffle the bitterness, at least the initial bite. I do some experiment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom