Bland Peaches need some improvement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have Peachzillas. Blanched them in boiling water for a minute, put them in ice water, in prep for dehydrating, and the skins DID NOT slip off. Had already ditched the boiling water. :mad: I am dehydrating them with the skins on.

So there, Peachzillas!

Last edited:
Well, I dehydrated my very stubborn, skin on peaches.

The verdict? They still suck.

Glad I didn't waste my energy trying to convert them into a pie or jam.

Believe it or not, a small (and I do mean small) sprinkling of salt can bring out flavour in fruit.

Some peaches are just blech. They were developed for looks and their ability to ship without being bruised. Many fruits are developed along those lines. Any method of cooking with a little sugar will improve them but they will never be like a tree ripen O'Henry peach.

maybe cut them in quarters, little bit of lemon juice tiny bit of sugar. dehydrate them in the oven for 40 min at 110 degrees celcius? When dried and cold you could put in a mixture for ice, cake, pie? Maybe add some nice liquor to it :)

or maybe juice them, than reduce them (add flavours) add some gelatine in the fridge and cut it in to cubes serve on cold stuff. Or use eiga eiga instead of gelatine on warm stuff

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great ideas! I was able to find a use for the dehydrated, still blech peaches. My dog loves them! The texture is akin to her rawhide "cookies". A piece fell on the floor, and she happily chomped away. She's been enjoying them ever since. Who knew?

Thanks for all the great ideas! I was able to find a use for the dehydrated, still blech peaches. My dog loves them! The texture is akin to her rawhide "cookies". A piece fell on the floor, and she happily chomped away. She's been enjoying them ever since. Who knew?

be a dear and drop down a salt shaker to go with her peach treats....:) (welcome back, kotter)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom