Blending Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lainelainex3

Assistant Cook
Hi people, I'm new here and this is my first post :) I have a question when mixing food in a blender. Do I have to add water all the time in order to blend properly? I am trying to make shrimp paste for my dumplings.

I think a food processor would work better for that kind of thing. Generally speaking, I use a foodpro for solid things like pesto, cheese, shrimp, etc. and blenders for liquids like soups and sauces.
Also a foodpro will give you more control over the consistency, which would probably be good for your dumplings since I'd think you probably don't want a perfectly smooth paste for texture reasons.

Last edited:
I think a food processor would work better for that kind of thing. Generally speaking, I use a foodpro for solid things like pesto, cheese, shrimp, etc. and blenders for liquids like soups and sauces.
Also a foodpro will give you more control over the consistency, which would probably be good for your dumplings since I'd think you probably don't want a perfectly smooth paste for texture reasons.

Too bad I don't own a food processor :ermm:

If you don't have a food processor, you might want to try a pestle and mortar, which is what a lot of folk use for making shrimp paste. Otherwise, it's back to the blender, but if you need extra fluid, try oil or melted butter, not water.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom