Blood mix alternative when making black pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no intent to get "religious" but the dedicated use of blood as a food is distasteful and just seems wrong to me. With further answers from my Jewish husband I found this site that gave me some answers to my questions and I found them so interesting. It's a good read if nothing else.
Why is it so important to drain all the blood from kosher meat? - mitzvot kosher meat and dairy

I believe that some Christians also believe that one cannot eat blood. Not sure which denomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I haven't had it in decades, but I liked kishka when I was a kid. It's common in Eastern Europe.

I grew up eating a lot of Eastern European foods, which is probably why I'll eat just about anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishka_(food)

Oh yeah, kishka is good. Many ways to do it too. My grandma used to make it and so did my mom. I'm too lazy. To many good foods in America.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I have no intent to get "religious" but the dedicated use of blood as a food is distasteful and just seems wrong to me.

That is YOUR opinion, and opinions are like arm pits. Everybody has 'em, and they all stink!

My Pilipina ex-wife made the best dinuguan in the whole wide world. Better than any I ever ate in a Pilipino restaurant.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, kishka is good. Many ways to do it too. My grandma used to make it and so did my mom. I'm too lazy. To many good foods in America.
We used to get kiszka (the Polish spelling) from the local Kowalski sausage shop, and there were many stores in the Detroit area.

Ring Kiszka - 6 Packages

I used to think blood sausage was an Eastern European thing until this mention of blood pudding. I guess the Brits like it too.

Most cultures has blood sausage or blood pudding. We even have blood bread.It is away to use the whole animal, not just the parts that looks pretty and too me , if you eat anything, you should eat as much as you can from it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom