BLT Pizza!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

affable_artist

Assistant Cook
I'm sure most everyone has seen or heard of or even tasted a BLT pizza... but have you ever had one with no tomato sauce or cheese - instead MAYONNAISE?

This pizza is extraordinary! I know it's probably not the healthiest, but anything in moderation, right?

I get this from a local pizza place - thin crust. There's a slim layer of mayo
covered with chopped bacon. Then topped with lettuce and tomatoes. No sauce, no cheese... but the most delicious pizza I've ever had.

Has anyone heard of something like this?

After High School I worked at a local pizza gig that made something similiar. I still make it today...

On the crust we put ranch dressing, chopped bacon, diced tomatoes, and mozerella cheese. That would get cooked like any other pizza.. When it was done and rested, we would top it with shredded lettuce and a little more tomato...

It was one darn good Pizza.. Everyone I know that has tried it, has loved it..

-Brad

After High School I worked at a local pizza gig that made something similiar. I still make it today...

On the crust we put ranch dressing, chopped bacon, diced tomatoes, and mozerella cheese. That would get cooked like any other pizza.. When it was done and rested, we would top it with shredded lettuce and a little more tomato...

It was one darn good Pizza.. Everyone I know that has tried it, has loved it..

-Brad

Maybe this is a uniquely mid-western thing??? Everyone I've introduced it to has fallen in love, too.

Wow, affable and candle, those pizzas sound fantastic and refreshing! Particularly in tomato season!

Be great cut into squares as appetizers, too!

Thanks!

Lee

Maybe this is a uniquely mid-western thing??? Everyone I've introduced it to has fallen in love, too.

It's pretty tastey on my homemade "Mall Pretzel" dough that I use as a Pizza dough!

Sounds like this will have to be my Sunday night meal... :)

You know another one that they have locally that has me love struck? I am sure most of you have had BBQ + Chicken + Bacon.. It's pretty good. But, a local pizza dive does the same thing only mixes BBQ (Sweet Baby Ray's to be exact) and Ranch Dressing. The end result is AMAZING as well. It's a creamy sweet BBQ. Man... I guess I'll have to make enough dough to make two pizzas.

-Brad

I would say, "Now I've heard everything!" - but I'm sure I haven't ... :LOL:

It does sound interesting ... and definately worth giving a try. Thanks for the idea!

Now, Uncle Bob and I will have to get busy to come up with a pizza with a crispy cornbread crust topped with onions, okra, smoked ham hocks, and diced tomaties.

Last edited:
I would say, "Now I've heard everything!" - but I'm sure I haven't ... :LOL:

It does sound interesting ... and definately worth giving a try. Thanks for the idea!

Now, Uncle Bob and I will have to get busy to come up with a pizza with a crispy cornbread crust topped with onions, okra, smoked ham hocks, and diced tomaties.

........:ermm: Ah ha! Another idea to work on, but later. Currently I am putting the finishing touches on another wild idea. I plan to launch this new creation to the Pizza World soon. Stay tuned............!!;)

no mayo. Id use Ken's honey mustard and top it with mozzerela. little bits of chicken or turkey would sell the dish along with the bacon, esp. if you cook the chicken or turkey in bacon fat. mayo could be served on side as a "dip" or "Spread"

Americans have the tendency to put anything you can possibly think of on a pizza. And why not, if you like it? It makes a meal out of leftovers, and as I understand it, that was the origin of pizza in the first place.

I've never had a BLT pizza -- not sure I would want lettuce on pizza, but the concept sounds good. (much better than the California habit of ham and pineapple on pizza! :wacko:)

I'm sure most everyone has seen or heard of or even tasted a BLT pizza... but have you ever had one with no tomato sauce or cheese - instead MAYONNAISE?

This pizza is extraordinary! I know it's probably not the healthiest, but anything in moderation, right?

I get this from a local pizza place - thin crust. There's a slim layer of mayo
covered with chopped bacon. Then topped with lettuce and tomatoes. No sauce, no cheese... but the most delicious pizza I've ever had.

Has anyone heard of something like this?

Been there. Done that. Except - the lettuce is tossed w mayo or salad dressing of choice & the salad is piled on to the hot bread/crust. (I like sliced avocados on mine.)

California Pizza Kitchen has some interesting ideas. There's even a Cajun Pizza and so much more.

California Pizza Kitchen | Menu | Pizzas

I remember back when Wolfgang's Spago was off of Sunset Blvd (dunno if it's still there); think he started what I think of as Designer pizza appetizers. When I went with a few people, we ordered his pizza appies and shared a taste of each. If I recall correctly, there was a smoked salmon & caviar pizza appy. Guessing Planet Hollywood jumped on the designer? pizza appy bandwagon as well, & may have a few versions of their own.

Last week(?) (posted under what's for dinner), I made a Caesar Salmon Salad Pizza (& oven roasted mushroom soup) for dinner. Came out great. (Next time I'll try shrimp.) Chopped salads served on pizza dough or pita bread is pretty popular here. I'm waiting for an Elvis Pizza - peanut butter, bananas & bacon. :ermm:

You can come up with some pretty healthy pizza ideas using fresh tomatoes, etc - omitting the tomatoe sauce. Have fun with it.

Last edited:
Tell me more....Please!

Thought that might peek your interest UB. :) Check out the California Pizza Kitchen link above....

cajun_pizza.gif

Blackened chicken and spicy Andouille sausage with a Creole sauce, roasted red & yellow peppers, mild onions and Mozzarella cheese. Topped with green onions.

Re Pineapple and ham Pizza being a California habit, it's called a Hawaiian Pizza - not indicative of California. It's probably on every Pizza menu throughout the world.

Try a Thai Chicken Pizza w peanuts, eggplant/caponata pizza, or a Steak Salad... different breads - pita, foccia flat bread.

Uncle Bob, thinking out loud, how about a cornbread Pizza Crust & a good dose of Tabsaco?

Last edited:
Thought that might peek your interest UB. :) Check out the California Pizza Kitchen link above....

cajun_pizza.gif

Blackened chicken and spicy Andouille sausage with a Creole sauce, roasted red & yellow peppers, mild onions and Mozzarella cheese. Topped with green onions.

Re Pineapple and ham Pizza being a California habit, it's called a Hawaiian Pizza - not indicative of California. It's probably on every Pizza menu throughout the world.

Try a Thai Chicken Pizza w peanuts, eggplant/caponata pizza, or a Steak Salad... different breads - pita, foccia flat bread.

Uncle Bob, thinking out loud, how about a cornbread Pizza Crust & a good dose of Tabsaco?

Oh me oh my. Cajun Pizza eh? Im down.

My husband says this is the best pizza in the world. I make this all the time - maybe even tonight! Enjoy!

BLT Pizza

1 Boboli thin pizza crust
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 Pound bacon cooked & crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded Pizza Blend cheese (Cheddar & Mozz)
1 1/2 cups lettuce shredded
2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced

Instructions: Place the crust on an ungreased 12" pizza pan.*

In a bowl, combine mayo, basil, garlic & onion powders; spread over crust.

Sprinkle bacon and cheeses on crust.

Bake at 425º for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Top with lettuce, tomatoes. Serve immediately.

Back
Top Bottom