Blueberry Marinade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would you waste blueberries that way? OK seriously though, they don't have enough acid to tenderize meat so they would be purely to flavor something. Better to use them as a sauce or finish than as a marinade.

Why would you waste blueberries that way? OK seriously though, they don't have enough acid to tenderize meat so they would be purely to flavor something. Better to use them as a sauce or finish than as a marinade.
Thank you Alix, What kind of sauce should I be making with them?

I know I'm going to try a cup full of them with a simple syrup I've made.

I was thinking of some kind of fruit juice that didn't have any kind of additives, fruit smoothie so on, I purchased a BIG bag of them.

Blueberries are good in lots of stuff. I have a thing about not having fruit and meat together so someone else will have to give you ideas there. (I'd look at pork probably) But blueberries are excellent in muffins, on top of cheesecake, in cakes etc etc.

Blueberries are good in lots of stuff. I have a thing about not having fruit and meat together so someone else will have to give you ideas there. (I'd look at pork probably) But blueberries are excellent in muffins, on top of cheesecake, in cakes etc etc.
Pork is all ways good :)

I'm a pal of pork for life.....

:pig::pig::pig::pig::chef:

Derek, here is a recipe for Blueberry Chipotle Sauce:

Ingredients

• 4 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1 cup finely chopped Granny Smith apple
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 3 tablespoons grated orange rind
  • 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
  • 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (about 2 chiles)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preparation

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Cool; pour into airtight containers.
Note: Refrigerate Blueberry-Chipotle Chutney in airtight containers up to two months.

I would use this as a sauce for pork tenderloin (I use a raspberry chipotle sauce often for this purpose)

Take your pork tenderloins (about a pound's worth) and season them with salt, pepper and some chile powder, then brown well in a few TBS of cooking oil. Put in a baking pan and pour about a cup of the blueberry sauce over them. Bake at 400F for about 30-40 minutes, or until the meat thermometer registers 160F. Let them stand for about ten minutes, then slice and serve.

Back
Top Bottom