Box of Powdered Sugar - Weight or amount please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
goboenomo said:
And that was my problem. I didn't know how much is in a box, and then since it only says 1 box in the recipe, I needed to know how much, plus that amount in cups or mL, so I could measure it myself.
Back on line after a difficult day internet connection-wise. I am reading with amazement the number, let alone occasional intensity of the post and this is what comes to mind. When Gobo framed his problem in much the way as the quotation above (sorry, too troublesome for me to run all the way back looking for Gobo's original statement of his problem) I was a hair away from telling him to read the weight of the powdered sugar off the box, take out his measuring cup, pour powdered sugar it, and find out the answer to his vexing problem unassisted. How glad I am I didn't tell him this! Imagine killing such a wonderful and inspiring (let alone entertaining) thread with such an untimely comment! Well done, Gobo!! Do keep us on our toes and fired up with your intellectually stimulating questions! We all deserve them!

Wow, thank you.
Didn't know I was getting this kind of respect. :P
:D

I can assure you, you'll be getting many questions over the years. I don't plan on leaving this forum.

Right on, Gobo! I see you got my drift to a tee. What a relief to know that more of the same is coming!!

When I get home tonight, I'm going to look up a recipe for macaroons. If I don't have to work I'll make them right away. If I do have to work, I'll do it after.
So I may have questions for you then.
I can assure you I'll have a new image though.

I think I should make a thread just with stuff I've baked.

That's great! One thing before you start though. Do throw away your measuring cup (if you got one since trying out your peanut butter candy recipe). You might do a tad better if you throw away packing boxes etc. so that you can give us more to sink our teeth (fangs maybe?) into. Will be looking forward to the challenge.

boufa06 said:
Back on line after a difficult day internet connection-wise. I am reading with amazement the number, let alone occasional intensity of the post and this is what comes to mind. When Gobo framed his problem in much the way as the quotation above (sorry, too troublesome for me to run all the way back looking for Gobo's original statement of his problem) I was a hair away from telling him to read the weight of the powdered sugar off the box, take out his measuring cup, pour powdered sugar it, and find out the answer to his vexing problem unassisted. How glad I am I didn't tell him this! Imagine killing such a wonderful and inspiring (let alone entertaining) thread with such an untimely comment! Well done, Gobo!! Do keep us on our toes and fired up with your intellectually stimulating questions! We all deserve them!

Gobo's problem began because there was no box Boufa!:) lol

Oh dear lord. I have to tell you, I'd missed this thread before and when I saw the number of posts I figured I'd better have a look. I am shaking my head and chuckling here in my chair. (Cat thinks I'm loony BTW) Only here at DC could we yak about this for this many pages. Cheers to you all.

:D
My mom loved the peanut butter balls so much, she wants me to make a double batch tonight.

I'm still making macaroons too

Do you think this looks like a good recipe?
Or is there something better you think that will work.

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
3 squares (3 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Andy M. said:
A pound of anything is equal to 454 gms.

Except for gunpowder, precious metals, or gemstones, which would be 373.24 grams. :-p

Last edited:
Finished my truffles

Attachments

• Truffles.JPG
    Truffles.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,161
Answer to question on powdered sugar

goboenomo said:
The recipe I'm using calls for 3/4 to 1 full box powdered sugar.
How much is in a full box?
We are unable to purchase boxes where I live... or at least to my knowledge.

A full measured cup of powdered sugar weighs 92 grams. Any recipe will call for measurements rather than weights as the degree of fineness varies with manufacturer. I use a my electric spice grinder, cleaning thoroughly after each use. You can use a food processor to make powdered sugar by pulsing to the desired fineness.

Skicutch

92 grams per cup powdered sugar

a cup of powdered sugar weighs 92 grams. However, one does not use weights of powdered sugar in any recipe I know, but rather volume measurements.

well the recipe said 3/4 - 1 box...
and everyone says a box is a pound... so i did what i could with it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom