Bracciole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvs2Cook

Head Chef
If anyone watches the show, "Everybody Loves Raymond", the mother (Marie) has mentioned a recipe for bracciole (spelling)?? Does anyone have a recipe for this? :chef:

The typical bracciole is a rolled stuffed piece of round steak but here's one made with pork loin.

PORK BRACCIOLE - STUFFED PORK ROLL

2 1/2 Lb Boneless Pork Loin

TT Salt and Pepper
2 Garlic, minced chopped
8 Oz Provolone Cheese, diced
1 Tb Parmesan Cheese
1 onion, minced
3 sprigs Italian Parsley
4 Basil Leaves
2 Italian Sweet Sausages
1 Hard-Boiled Egg, quartered
2 Tb Olive Oil

Cut a deep slit down the center of the pork loin and open it so it lays flat. Season the meat with salt and pepper to taste.

Remove the sausage from the casings and sauté until lightly browned. Mix the sausage and all the remaining ingredients, except oil, in a bowl. Lay the mixture evenly down the center of the meat. Roll the meat up tightly, tying it with butcher's twine at 1-inch intervals. Secure the ends with toothpicks.

Place the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the pork roll all over then simmer it, submerged ina rich Sunday tomato sauce, over very low heat until tender 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

When it's done, remove the bracciole to a cutting board, cut off the twine, pull out and discard the toothpicks. Slice the bracciole into 1/2-inch thick slices, place on a warm platter and serve with the sauce.

Thank you, I'd really like to try this.
if you try mine i hope you like it. please post a picture in my braciole thread so i can see your wondeful creation. let me know what you think. the next time i make a big pot of gravy i will post pictures of my braciole.

Back
Top Bottom