"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
View Poll Results: Do you regularly eat bread as part of your main meal?
Gotta have bread every meal! 0 0%
Depends on the meal 31 68.89%
Take it or leave it 3 6.67%
Never. It's a waste of space. 11 24.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #91
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
What a coincidence. I just finished some bread with copious amounts of butter
It's the only way.....

Old 04-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #92
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Curse Costco!!! I went in for a prescription, decided to look through the books and at the end of the book row was a Food Sample (in the BOOKS!?!) of fresh from the oven Sour Dough and Italian Bread, still warm-with butter. 2 loaves (still warm) for $4.99. Yes, a loaf of each jumped into my cart. The Italian made a good tuna sandwich and right nice for snacking.

Will be having the sour dough with our lamb dinner later.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #93
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Curse Costco!!! I went in for a prescription, decided to look through the books and at the end of the book row was a Food Sample (in the BOOKS!?!) of fresh from the oven Sour Dough and Italian Bread, still warm-with butter. 2 loaves (still warm) for $4.99. Yes, a loaf of each jumped into my cart. The Italian made a good tuna sandwich and right nice for snacking.

OH GEEZ!! I better not go to the book store! LOL
Old 04-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #94
Assistant Cook

Bread of choice: Ezekiel (Food For Life)

I eat 5 meals per day. At least 1 out of 5 meals includes bread... I typically have an egg sandwich for lunch. Occasionally for dinner, I'll have a slice or two with a chicken or steak salad. Not too often, I'll have slice of bread with a protein as a snack. Daily limit: 1-3 slices. Yes, there are day where I go without bread too. I do prepare a food journal in advance, so all my meals are preplanned daily. My bread choice is Ezekiel bread (Food for Life), sprouted grain - flourless and low glycemic.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #95
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome to DC. This is a fun place to be.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #96
Assistant Cook

And, I do pasta too (1 - 1-1/2 servings max)... had a bowl of whole wheat pasta, rotini, with crumbled feta cheese for lunch followed by an egg sandwich (Ezekiel bread) for my mid-day meal. Later, I will have turkey, parmesan meatballs with quinoa (another grain) and peas.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #97
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

I have the same problem. Food that is not on my list jump into my cart every month. I should send a letter to the Utz potato chip folks and tell them to make their chips without legs. But writing a letter in longhand is such a chore.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #98
Assistant Cook

Just got back from a late afternoon stroll with mom in Downtown Plymouth. Walked by a Panera Bread... Got a craving for Sourdough Bread Bowl Soup Bundle with all this bread talk. :) We passed though. Plan is to make a healthier version at home.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #99
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Just took this small batch of good ol', white, dinner rolls out of the oven. Bringing them to my mother's house today for Easter dinner where they will be eaten with copious amounts of butter.
I have a recipe for soft dinner rolls that only takes a bit over an hour to make from scratch. They are yummy!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #100
Sous Chef

Quote:

No fair! They didn't have sourdough here. The warm multi-grain was pretty delicious though, still warm like yours. I was able to block it from jumping intoy cart though.

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bread