Bringing home wrong or weird items

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When we were living at my folks’ house, taking care of Mom after Dad passed away, an enormous bush of what we later identified as Thai bird chilies (man, were those things HOT). We really don’t know where they came from. Mark had planted some lovely herbs, and some tomatoes, but no chilies of any type.

We did put up a bird feeder, but I don’t think there are any chili seeds in bird feed! We got some sunflowers from it though.
Maybe a neighbor was growing them. Bird poop is a great way to distribute seeds far away from the mother plant.

Maybe a neighbor was growing them. Bird poop is a great way to distribute seeds far away from the mother plant.

So true. Usually if you end up with some odd plant in your yard that you've never seen before, it's due to the birds or even the squirrels.

I remember reading an article years ago about how some family made a huge hoopla about an "alien plant" suddenly showing up in their yard one spring and they couldn't figure out the mystery of where it came from and made up all kinds of theories (you can just imagine). I was chuckling as I read it, thinking it was so easy to figure out, if they'd just think about it for a while :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom