Broccolini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
Just got several bunches of broccolini. I don't think I have ever cooked it before. I'm thinking I should roast it but I wonder if the stalks might be too tough. Should I try yo peel them? How would you cook them?

Steamed and served with a lemon butter. The stalks are not that tough, they should be less than 3/4 inch thick and will cook up fine.

Just got several bunches of broccolini. I don't think I have ever cooked it before. I'm thinking I should roast it but I wonder if the stalks might be too tough. Should I try yo peel them? How would you cook them?
You can cook it any way you would cook broccoli - steam, boil, roast even if that's how you do yours. It's a cross between broccoli and something else which temporarily escapes me. As for peeling, if it looks as though it needs it, peel it.

(It's called "tender stem broccoli" in the UK in case any of my compatriots or ex-pat Americans in Britain are wondering.)

It is nice sauteed/steamed in olive oil, garlic, hot pepper flakes and tossed with angel hair pasta.

I have also used it for beans and greens. White beans, Italian sausage, garlic, oil and the broccolini.

If you have any left over chop it up and toss it in with some scrambled eggs.

All of those sound wonderful! ! I decided that I better peel them because hubby is having dental issues. Going to steam some for a few minutes for future use and I am afraid that I will have to steam the life out of tonight's portion just so he can eat it. But that sausage pasts thing is in my near future!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom