Brussel sprouts...help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trim the bottom, cut them in half, and toss with some oil, S&P. Roast in a 450ºF oven until they're softened in the center, and dark brown all along the edges.

My favorite way to cook 'em.

While personally I won't eat the things I did do similar for Kathleen, except I hung em on skewers and grilled them over charcoal.

She seemed to like them.

We cook them with bacon and chestnuts, I also shred on a mandolin and make coleslaw with them.

a plain 'ol bechamel-based cheddar sauce is great w/ veggies; i may make brussels & cheese myself, tonite, :)
then there's cooked minced garlic & balsamic, olive oil, salt, & pepper~

Last edited:
Anyone have any interesting recipes for brussle sprouts besides cooking them with bacon? Trying to find a tasty and healthy way to cook them. I've never cooked these before so I am excited to try it!

I can suggest to you, try cooking it with ground pork or beef in a saute' style. :)

Constance said:
A squeeze of lemon juice will take away the bitterness. I use it on lots of vegies. Add salt and a little butter if you wish.

When I cook a roast with vegetables, I often add brussels sprouts with the potatoes and carrots. That juice from the meat makes them quite delectable!

Now that sounds good! I gotta try that!

Back
Top Bottom