Bumper Avocado Crop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chicks

Senior Cook
Looks like I am going to have a great first time Avocado crop and I need recipes other than Guacamole, hopefully something I can freeze. Any Ideas ??? Here is a pic of one of the babies.
Avacado.jpg

To freeze avocados, puree with ascorbic acid added and package excluding oxygen. Will last a few months in the deep freeze.

This site may be of use to you - Home - Avocados Australia. Avocados are plugged here constantly - wonder food. We have tv adverts on in just about every free to air cooking show plus around meal times. Always showing a new recipe idea.

My tree doesn't produce many but people say they are nice. Unfortunately, I have a food intolerance to them -so annoying as I used to really enjoy eating them. Every other year or is it one in three, you get a shocking crop. If you don't prune, you get fruit the next year - well with the variety I have anyway. But then I ignore it anyway - and it is huge! 8 - 10 metres maybe??

I have an idea for a bread spread (like mayo) that would use avocados, yogurt cheese, and lime juice.

I am still building it in my head. I think it would rock on a burger.

My culinary daughter concocted a great recipe for Avocado Bread. (You know, instead of zucchini?)

My favorite summer sandwiches are made of sliced ripe heirloom tomatoes and avocadoes on multi-grain bread with homemade mayo. :)

on burgers, on deli sandwiches, in salads, make a green salsa and add a ripe one, use instead of half the sour cream with dip seasonings, great on a spicy grilled chicken....

Avocodo Salad

Avocodo Salad (Ensalada de Auguate)

• 3 large avocados, sliced in half lengthwise​
Filling:​

• 4 diced tomatoes​
  • 1 Tablespoon diced onion​
  • 1 cup mayonnaise​
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt​
  • dash of pepper​

Methods/steps

Combine ingredients for filling and pour into bowl. Chill well. Serve in avocado halves. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.

For more recipes: RecipeDirect.Net - Your Complete Recipe Source - Home

Back
Top Bottom