Bundt pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
I seem to have acquired 4 of these (the back door must have been left open and they sneaked in and took up residence in my baking equipment draw) - 3 metal (not non-stick) and one is silicone.

I haven't dared use them. Any hints for prepping them? Obviously I can't line them with baking paper. Does greasing (with what - oil, butter?) and or flouring the tin help?

I'm used to the sort of baking tins you smear with butter and line with baking parchment and which behave themselves in use

I made a bundt cake for DH about 10 days ago and I hadn't done a bundt cake in years. I slopped on soft butter, pretty heavily inside the whole thing. Then put in flour and tipped it back and forth and to and fro, getting flour everywhere, then tapping out the extra. It was metal non stick. After baking let cool for 20 minutes at least, then place a plate on top and tip the whole thing over. I had no sticking.

I've been looking to add one of those to kitchen myself, but I want to find a old cast iron one. It will have to wait till I stumble across one because they are very pricey.

Gotgarlic:
I really like the color of your granite countertops. One day I'll have to upgrade mine.

I've been looking to add one of those to kitchen myself, but I want to find a old cast iron one. It will have to wait till I stumble across one because they are very pricey.

Gotgarlic:
I really like the color of your granite countertops. One day I'll have to upgrade mine.
Thank you! I love them. We renovated the kitchen about 10 years ago. It's my favorite room in the house [emoji2]

Thank you everyone. I'll find a recipe and have a go next baking day. I have accidentally found myself making cakes for the cafe at the stables so I may experiment on them.

I'm not sure if you have it on your side of the pond, but we have pan spray with flour already in it, Pam, Baker's Joy, even store brands. I've had fantastic luck with these in my bundt pan.

I've been looking to add one of those to kitchen myself, but I want to find a old cast iron one. It will have to wait till I stumble across one because they are very pricey...
Are you looking for a standard Bundt pan, or one that looks like honeycomb? If it's a Bundt pan, I have a recommendation. It isn't cast iron, but it is very heavy and sturdy. I got this Wilton non-stick, 10-inch pan a month or two ago at Bed Bath and Beyond. Have used it only once, but it worked wonderfully. It retails for $15 ($14.99, if you want to be exact) but with an ever-present BB&B 20% off coupon, the price drops to $12. If you use a Discover credit card for purchases, you can get BB&B gift cards as a "Cashback" offer. Therefore, my bundt pan was free. As Himself likes to say "If it's free, it's for me". I agree completely with my hubby...on that one. ;)

Back
Top Bottom