Burger Patty additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've taken a knife and cut open a tube of toothpaste, then licked it to completion just to get enough to have my teeth feel clean. now that's cheap.

i've taken a knife and cut open a tube of toothpaste, then licked it to completion just to get enough to have my teeth feel clean. now that's cheap.
Cheap your having a laugh, I do that then use the metal to replace the glass in ordinary sunglasses so the look like those expensive reflective designer ones.

Speaking of toppings...
Here's a "burger" I made last year. I saw it on a TV show and found the recipe online. It's called a Double Coronary and is served at the Vortex Grill in Atlanta.

"It’s half a pound of sirloin with lettuce, onion, 4 slices of American cheese, 5 strips of bacon, and 2 fried eggs.
The buns have been replaced by 2 grilled cheese sandwiches."

Not for the purists :LOL: And yes, it was ridiculous to eat :rolleyes:

Attachments

• vortex burger.jpg
    vortex burger.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 169
Although we make specialty bugers on occasion, our go to is 80/20 chuck. We add garlic powder, onion powder, S&P, worchestershire and an egg or two depending on the amount of meat. Since we prefer sliders, I use an ice cream scoop (with lever) to get the same amount for each slider. Martin's potato dinner rolls are the buns.

Craig

...anywho, she used to saute some minced green peppers and minced onions in butter, let it cool, then mix them into to ground 80/20 chuck along with hand torn pieces of really dense white bread. they were pan fried and served the usual way...

BT, I know what you mean. My mom used to add raw chopped onion and and parsley to burger meat then form them by hand.

just salt and pepper on the meat but toppings is where you can get creative.
Check out what I made for dinner tonight:
Peikes' Cookbook: Burger of the week
IMAG0044.png

I will start from the bottom and work my way up:
Bottom half of a toasted bun, soft crumb but a little harder crust so it does not fall apart
Mayo mixed with spicy brown mustard spread thinly. This provides a "waterproof" layer as well as some richness and a little bit of sharpness
Fresh raw spinach for some earthiness and crunch
Sauteed mushrooms for some more savory earth flavor
1/2 lb all beef patty seasoned with just fresh ground black pepper. I do not add salt as kosher meat is pre-salted
Sauteed onions for sweetness
Ketchup because I love ketchup because it is sweet and tangy all at the same time
Top half of the toasted bun

Sure hope no traces of animal fecal matter were in those rare cooked burgers of yours. :ohmy:
Delicious and juicy looking tho.

Last edited:
i like plain burgers, though burgers made in a meatloaf sorta fashion make for a yummy burger, too. cutting the beef w/ crumb or bread, egg, i've done that. they're looser than a traditional burger, though delicious!~

These are an equal mix of ground beef,pork and veal, some are stuffed with feta cheese. I have said this before we have a local source for the tails and trimmings from the prep of fillet steak portions for supermarkets 3lbs for about $16. I coarse mince it and just season with pepper the burger press them, then a great tip I learned here dust with onion and garlic powder.
garden & BBQ 068.jpg

garden & BBQ 071.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom