Burning marination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
18, probably has alot of sugar in it. Just a guess, but like Craig said, a little help.:)

Thanks guys.

Whatever method electrical grill, stir-fry, even just using a pan with little oil.

And not just the sweet marination, all of them even the one that contains oil and vinegar with seasoning, where the seasoning burn lol, not funny.

Have you tried patting the meat dry before cooking? The marinade has imparted its flavor so wiping it off the surface shouldn't mess with the flavor. I assume you are talking about wet marinades.

Craig

Last edited:
Try to sear/direct heat first then move to lower/indirect heat, or try the reverse of that and go indirect first, then sear at the end.

just an idea.

Hmm, I thought of cooking before marinating, and when its well cooked I just brush the marination and let it for a few mins then remove before burning.

What do you think?

No. Don't even consider that.

The problem is not the marinade; the problem is your cooking technique.

Tell us more about the time and temp of your cookery as well as what kinds of pots/pans you use.

Ouch:(

I've tried tefal and stainless steal and both give the same result.

I use the highest temp number 6 (1-6) electrical stove.

no time, just wait till they are cooked, I take a piece and cut it in half and see if its still raw I cook it a little more.

Try cook'n it on 3 instead of 6, or leave it on 6 and take off the heat when needed.

Marinade is to flavor and tenderize(sometimes), put'n it on at the end won't due much good.....they call that a sauce.;):)

Control your heat and you'll be fine. imho.

If something has burned then you have either used to much heat or left it on the heat too long. Since you are cooking on the highest temp you can, try lowering the heat like BigAl suggested.

Yes, you are cooking with heat that is way too high. No wonder everything burns.

Go down to 3 or 4 and cook only until its done.

Try cooking on top of the stove just until the outside is seared, then move it to a 350F oven to finish. Of go buy yourself a George Foreman or similar grilling machine.

Oh, and stop cutting your steak open. You're letting out all the juices. While you're out shopping for the George Foreman, pick up an instant read thermometer too!

Rare Steak – 125°F
Medium-Rare Steak – 130° – 135°F
Medium Steak – 140° – 145°F
Medium-Well Steak – 150° – 155°F
Well-Done Steak – 160°F

Eventually you'll learn to tell the doneness by touch:

Rare Steak – soft to the touch
Medium-Rare Steak – yields gently to the touch
Medium Steak – yields only slightly to the touch, beginning to firm up
Medium-Well Steak – firm to the touch
Well-Done Steak – hard to the touch

Last edited: