Buttermilk Biscuits from Pancake/Waffle mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmatica08

Assistant Cook
Is there any way you can make biscuits using buttermilk pancake and waffle mix? If it's possible it'd be wonderful, itd save me a trip to the store.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Is there any way you can make biscuits using buttermilk pancake and waffle mix? If it's possible it'd be wonderful, itd save me a trip to the store.

Help is greatly appreciated.

i just googled and found this recipe. i guess you could use any mix.

Continental Mills - Buttermilk Pancake Mix

Buttermilk Biscuits

2 1/2 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
Preheat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, stir together pancake mix and remaining ingredients until dough forms. Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Roll out dough and fold in half; turn one quarter turn and roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits side by side with edges touching onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes nine, 2 1/2-inch biscuits.

Variations:
Cheddar Biscuits: Prepare buttermilk biscuits as directed, adding 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1 teaspoon dry mustard. Bake as directed.
Sour Cream & Dill Biscuits: Prepare buttermilk biscuits as directed, substituting 1/2 cup sour cream for the water and adding 1 teaspoon dried dill weed. Bake as directed.
Drop Biscuits: Prepare buttermilk biscuit dough as directed. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425°F 10-12 minutes.

I wouldn't add an egg to it for biscuits. Just mix in a little additional baking powder and cut a bit more shortening into the dry mix until it's like coarse flour. Add in enough water to make the dough and knead for 10-15 seconds before pressing out on your floured cutting board.

I made scones from Belgian Waffle mix the other day and they came out just right.

No egg for biscuits...

Here is a common and wonderful biscuit recipe
1 cup flour, 1 Tbl. sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1l2 tsp. baking soda, 1/4 tsp. salt. Mix together and cut in 2 Tbs. shortening. Pour in about a 1/4 cup buttermilk, mix, then knead dough and flatten to about a half inch. You may need to sprinkle a little more flour on the dough. I use a drinking glass to cut biscuits to shape and place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 8-10 minutes. Makes about five. However, I have been using a cultured buttermilk powder instead of buttermilk. I believe it makes flakier biscuits. You can alter the recipe by adding an egg, substitute cooking oil for the shortening, and add about a cup of buttermilk and you have great pancake batter.

Back
Top Bottom