Cake baked by my daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
This cake is made by my six years daughter Aditi, she loves cooking games and wants to bake a cake, so today I let her to bake a cake for the first time.

P_20160305_115557_1.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!

I think it's great to have kids in the kitchen it helps them to learn so many things and you get to eat their homework! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Your daughter did a great job! Hard to believe she's only six!

She must be very proud....how much of it has she eaten!? Ha!

What are 'cooking games'?

Aditi did a nice joy, radhuni! I'm of the belief that it's never too early to let your kids "play" in the kitchen. Our son couldn't even reach the counter, but he was on his little step stool "helping" when he was even younger. Have fun together!

Bravo Aditi.

I can remember baking with my Mother when I was very small. It started with an off-cut of pastry to roll out and make into an individual jam tart which mother baked for me. I was very proud of it and presented it to Daddy for his tea. He valiantly ate it despite the pastry being grey! I was 4 years old.:LOL:

I know my 3 year old granddaughter loves helping in the kitchen. It's never to young to help. :chef:

The Amish around here start them young. I think a young lady can pretty much cook an entire hot meal, including bread and pies (from scratch) for her family to give mom a break by the time they're 12 or 13.

I am not Amish but my sisters both knew how to cook by the time they were 15 or so. As a boy, I wasn't encouraged to learn how to cook as a youth. Sexist society! lol

In my family, my cavemen uncles and cousins would probably call young men some choice words if they showed an interest in cooking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom