Campbell's Organic Chicken Broth US Equivalent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbreit

Cook
I don't know what section to put this into. If there is a better place, let me know. My sister is a huge fan of the Campbell's Organic Free Range Chicken Broth (I am not allowed to post URLs based on my post count, otherwise I'd provide a link) which is sold in Canada. She can't find it here in the states. I did see a similar product branded by Swanson (Swanson is owned by Campbell's) but I can't tell if it is the same thing. Does anyone know of where to purchase either the Canadian version or its equivalent product here in the states?

Maybe buy a chicken(s) and make your own is an option!

Of course and I don't think she's against that. But I do think she's interested in the convenience of the packaged stuff. Anyways, the packaged stuff tastes "Just like mom's" according to her.

I have never seen canned broth products with the Campbell's name on it in the USA. I do see Swanson;s broth products of all kinds in cans and cartons. They also have a chicken stock in a carton.

I've never seen Campbell's stock or brother either. It seems there are just two choices around here, Swansons and College Inn.
Tell her to try Swanson's stock (not broth). I like it a lot for gravies and soups.

kbreit said:
I did see a similar product branded by Swanson (Swanson is owned by Campbell's) but I can't tell if it is the same thing.

Maybe the same product! Swanson has a good reputation, so this may fit the bill for convenience purposes --

Have Fun & Enjoy!

I usually make my own but it's handy to keep a few cans or cartons on hand for emergency use. Living in Costa Rica, I've never seen the Campbells or Swansons organic free-range broths in the supermarkets here but they do stock Pacific Naturals, which is excellent and I usually keep a few cartons in my pantry. Considering the quality, it's fairly priced in the States. Of course, I pay much more for it here.

Give it a try. I think you'll like it. Here's the product info: Pacific Natural Foods » Our Foods » Broths » Natural Free Range Chicken Broth. If you don't find it in your supermarket, you can buy it from Amazon.com (24 8oz. pouches for $18.66).

I'm sure that Campbells has chicken and beef broths in with their soups. It's concentrated and comes in the small red and white cans.

I think cambel's chicken broth came in a can just like their soups but I can't recall seeing it around in many many years. Then again it was in NYC, and NYC stores have many more chioces than we have up here in the sticks.

(Age disclaimer)

It is difficult to locate, but it is in the soup section. I always have to really look for it, also. I find it at our Jewel Store.

While I LOVE Swanson's regular chicken broth & ALWAYS have several cartons on hand, I find their organic chicken broth bland & insipid. It's like water that's had a chicken - perhaps - dipped in & out of it. Organic notwithstanding, I prefer the regular stuff hands down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom