Can coconut cream subsitute for heavy cream in Ganache?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saviscious

Assistant Cook
Hello to all I am new here and wonder if it is possible to sub coconut cream (or creamer) with heavy cream for a silky chocolate ganache. I am making a non-dairy, lactose free, non-soy cake. As an aspiring pastry chef/baker this is the the greatest challenge to me yet. I am young and still studying the art of baking and pastries and have much to learn. I hope I can find an answer and learn much from this site.

That's interesting. I'm working up to making rice pudding with coconut milk later today (leftover basmati rice scented with cardamon). I was wondering if I needed to add any coconut oil...I think I'll skip that and just sub the coconut milk for the whole milk I usually use, dark rum instead of vanilla (or in addition to the vanilla). I'm not subbing to avoid dairy, but rather because I think cardamon and coconut go nicely together. Once it is done, I'll post my critique (and the recipe--if I remember to measure).

Very interesting and useful for future references. I plan to pour the ganache and let it settle as is dripping off the sides. From what I have read, coconut cream might not give the same texture as heavy cream. I hope it wont be too runny or too thick. If anyone wants to know more about it, I try to post my results about this in a few weeks or so.

Back
Top Bottom