Can I freeze muffins & breads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I have a large supply of zucchini and plan to make muffins and breads. I was wondering if I can freeze these? If so, what is the best way and how long will they be good for in the freezer?

Thanks

i freeze bread, muffins, rolls, bagels, burger buns, hot dog buns. you get the idea. i wrap each in plastic wrap then i put each type in a ziplock bag. and stick in freezer. bread i freeze in about six pieces wrapped together and then then in baggie. i do this mostly because since i am feeding only myself a loaf or a dozen is hard to use up before it goes bad. don't know how long they will keep but certainly should be good for three months.

My grandma froze zucchini and banana breads for years, and I mean they were in the freezer for years. They always tasted fine. I freeze our regular bread, we take it out 1 or 2 slices at a time and toast it.

Last edited:
I wrap them in foil (heavy duty foil is even better), and then put them into a freezer ziplock bag. They last indefinitely.

I slice them up, wrap each piece in plastic wrap, stick them in a ziplock freezer bag and take out what I need when I need it. And they do last indefinitely!

Back
Top Bottom