"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Last week I made a Papaya Habanero sauce. I fire-roasted two Hab's, skinned and seeded them, minced, and sauteed them with some julienned shallots and diced papayas, then simmered in pineapple juice, and finally pureed. I made about 2 qt. It was good! Nice, rounded flavor with a quick, light jab of heat at the start that quickly faded to a mild warmth.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
Last week I made a Papaya Habanero sauce. I fire-roasted two Hab's, skinned and seeded them, minced, and sauteed them with some julienned shallots and diced papayas, then simmered in pineapple juice, and finally pureed. I made about 2 qt. It was good! Nice, rounded flavor with a quick, light jab of heat at the start that quickly faded to a mild warmth.
I'd sure like you to post that somewhere...hint hint hint

Old 06-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #33
Master Chef

hint.
hint.
hint.
hint.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russellkhan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
I'd sure like you to post that somewhere...hint hint hint
I don't really understand what you're asking for here. It looks pretty well posted to me. I guess it doesn't have traditional formatting and he left the salt and the exact proportions out of the recipe above, but if he cooks anything like me, it's all by feel and that's a recipe.

Also, didn't I read something earlier in the thread about how you don't like really hot foods?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #35
Master Chef

We were just kidding him about making sure to share the recipe by putting it in a thread of its own. I cook the same way a lot of the times, no exact measurements.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
Sounds fantastic...I'll have to try it. It doesn't take too many Hab's for flavor. Overdo them and that subtle , smoky flavor is lost to all those Scovill's.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #37
Executive Chef

Well, I didn't measure anything, just "cooking by the seat of my pants", like I usually do when I've got a deadline. Yes, I left out of the salt. I can't even remember if I added any. If I did, it wasn't much. You might want to add a little honey at the end when you taste for seasoning. I diced the papayas up into 1/4" dice, so that they'll cook down faster. Otherwise, just procede as I stated.