Can Recipes be Bookmarked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
I'm fairly new to this board, and I've already learned so much and have gotten some really great recipes that I've made or want to try soon.

So, how do you "bookmark" certain recipes or threads that you want. Do I just have to "cut & paste" ... any suggestions?

Thank you for any advise.

I would "subscribe" to the threads with no notification. Then when you are looking for something specific all you need to do is go to your User CP and look through the subscribed threads. Hope that helps. If you need any instruction let me know and I can walk you through it.

Do you mean to add the recipe to your favorites? If so, then yes. Just bring up the thread that contains the recipe and do Ctrl-D and the add favorites dialog will pop up.
I created a To Try folder in my favorites where I tend to put things like that as they are generally new, to me, recipes that I want to try.

If I see a recipe anywhere online, I copy and paste it to a word processing document and save it on my computer. You have no control over how long a recipe (or anything else) is kept available before it's removed/deleted. At that point your favorite or bookmark becomes useless.

If I see a recipe anywhere online, I copy and paste it to a word processing document and save it on my computer. You have no control over how long a recipe (or anything else) is kept available before it's removed/deleted. At that point your favorite or bookmark becomes useless.

That's true. You wouldn't want to wait a long time before trying the recipe. Once I try it, if I like it, I'll print it or put it into a document.

That's true. You wouldn't want to wait a long time before trying the recipe. Once I try it, if I like it, I'll print it or put it into a document.

I have ten times as many untried recipes as tried and true recipes on my computer.

Some day...

Littlechef, if you have the Firefox browser, it's possible not only to bookmark recipes and websites but also, Firefox allows you to make folders. This is very useful, especially for more than one genre. I'm using Firefox/Mozilla 5. It's great. :)

Thank you all for such great suggestions ... but Andy's suggestion of importing into a microsoft document is the way to go long-term.

Last edited:
Thank you all for such great suggestions ... but Andy's suggestion of importing into a microsoft document is the way to go long-term.

I had been doing it this way for a while and found I wasn't taking the time and reviewing them for possible use, so I finally decided that if a recipe sounded good enough to copy, I'd take it one step further.

When I copy a recipe into a word document, I change the font and the font size to one that it way easier to read and PRINT a copy for my notebook.

I don't save the recipe on the computer any more, as I not only have a copy to remind me (I do review the notebook), but I also have a full size piece of paper where I can make notes about any changes and notes.:chef:

I had been doing it this way for a while and found I wasn't taking the time and reviewing them for possible use, so I finally decided that if a recipe sounded good enough to copy, I'd take it one step further.

When I copy a recipe into a word document, I change the font and the font size to one that it way easier to read and PRINT a copy for my notebook.

I don't save the recipe on the computer any more, as I not only have a copy to remind me (I do review the notebook), but I also have a full size piece of paper where I can make notes about any changes and notes.:chef:

I also reformat a copied and pasted recipe. They often come over as a table and have to be converted. I don't print a recipe until I'm ready to make it, otherwise I'd have thousands of pieces of paper to thumb through rather than thousands of titles to scroll through. Also, I file the recipes by category so I can go to the category I want and look through just those recipes.

We each find the process that works for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom