Can you freeze Pecan Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cookdr

Assistant Cook
I'm a new kid on the Discusscooking block. I've never made a pecan pie that has turned out right til now. Can I freeze it for Thanksgiving or do I have to make another one just before the Holiday?

Welcome to the group!
I've never tried to freeze a pecan pie... hold on and one of our bakers will come
along and answer your question.

Yes, it freezes fine but the texture of the pecans may be a little soft after defrosting. Before freezing, cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Defrost at room temperature for several hours.

You can also store pecan pie for a couple of days at room temperature and refrigerated for several days. In both cases, the pie should be covered with plastic wrap.

While it may freeze well, I think the better solution by far is to eat it and make another for the holiday. Not for any other reason than I love pecan pie.

While it may freeze well, I think the better solution by far is to eat it and make another for the holiday. Not for any other reason than I love pecan pie.

Agreed...I also find the thought of potentially soggy pecans traumatic, at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom