Can you over marinate your chicken in buttermilk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbiechef

Assistant Cook
I have marinated my chicken for 24 hours, going to cook it tonight, which will add six more hours to that making 30 hours marinading. Is marinating it over 24 hrs going to ruin my fried chicken? I have now invested nearly two days into this I would hate to ruin all of that love I put in now. Should I take it out of the buttermilk now?

I have marinated my chicken for 24 hours, going to cook it tonight, which will add six more hours to that making 30 hours marinading. Is marinating it over 24 hrs going to ruin my fried chicken? I have now invested nearly two days into this I would hate to ruin all of that love I put in now. Should I take it out of the buttermilk now?

Overnight is usually enough. Buttermilk will tenderize so overexposure could be an issue. I don't know offhand how long that would take. No harm in taking it out of the milk now.

I agree. The last time I did I left it about 28 hours. Something like that. It still turned out well.
What I have done, when I was a young chef, was soak it in a vinegar based marinade. Turned it to RUBBER! Worse tasting stuff ever! :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom