Canned hominy--- uses for: other than pozole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not in my case. I like BS but can't handle raw cilantro. It tastes like soap to me. And, yes, I do know what soap tastes like. Don't ask.

Not asking, simply speculating. I would suspect something about consequences for choosing the wrong words in front of either Mom or Dad. At least, that's how I found out what soap tasted like.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind fo the North

Brussle sprouts, as you all know, are a like a miniature cabbage. If picked young, they are tender and yummy, especially with something like a Bearnaise, or Hollandaise sauce spooned over the top. The acidity of the sauce helps balance the brussle sprout flavor. A little dill goes good as well.

I like brussle sprouts poached in clarified butter, with a bit of garlic.

PriFi, I think that you should experiment with brussel sprout ice cream. I mean, after all, ogres use ear wax as a condiment. How bad can it be?;):LOL::mrgreen::angel:.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

PriFi, I think that you should experiment with brussel sprout ice cream. I mean, after all, ogres use ear wax as a condiment. How bad can it be?;):LOL::mrgreen::angel:.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I don't live at my Mom's anymore...I don't have to eat them and you can't make me. I eat enough cabbage, kale and broccoli to satisfy the brassica crowd. If I started eating brussels sprout that wouldn't leave any for you.

Okay, I am out of catch phrases...:mrgreen:

Oh! You can have my share of cauilflower, too!

But, I love hominy, in or out of posole.

“I ate his liver with some brussel sprouts and a nice chianti”

I thought it went; "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

Yup, I just watched the YouTube video. It was fava beans. Oh, and I agree, we should get back to the topic of Hominy.:cool:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

To get hominy without the funny can texture try this product

It is corn that has undergone the nixtamal process and had the skins removed then dried. It can be found in Mexican markets. To use it soak overnight, then simmer is water until soft (about 2 hours).

This is what fresh nixtamal looks like at stores around here:
nixtamal1kgalvacio.png

Back
Top Bottom