Caramelized Onions and French Onion Soup Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynthia B

Assistant Cook
So, I may be a caramelized onions addict. Is there a group for that? I don't know what it is about making (and eating) them, but watching the transformation is such a satisfying cooking experience. French onion soup is also a huge favorite in our house...really I have loved French onion since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. In any case, I think my recipe for French onion soup is pretty tasty (well, that's what my husband says at least) so I went ahead and put it up on the Internet for anybody that wants to give it a shot. Since caramelized onions are really the heart and soul of French onion soup I spent a lot of time talking about my technique. I would LOVE any feedback, tweaks, and tricks. There is no such thing as too much information when it comes to this dish. Hope everybody likes it!

Last edited by a moderator:
French Onion Soup Recipe

Hi, everyone!

If anybody would like the recipe please feel free to send me a message via Discuss.

Thanks!

-Cynthia

Hi!

Why not just post your recipe here? Why would you post here otherwise?

French onion soup is a fav of mine. Love to see other recipes. Making MIL a batch for New Years.

Slice onions thin on a mandolin, place in a good pan on a very low heat, put a cartouche on top of the onions then the lid on the pan and cook for 3 hrs stirring occasionally till caramelised.

Slice onions thin on a mandolin, place in a good pan on a very low heat, put a cartouche on top of the onions then the lid on the pan and cook for 3 hrs stirring occasionally till caramelised.
Re "cartouche", haven't heard the the use of this word as a synonym for a parchment lid in ages and almost forgot it can be used that way!

Back
Top Bottom