Carbs Withdrawal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
since i started my diet, i am having headaches in the afternoon. is it possible to have carb withdrawal? if not , will need to find out why. still drinking coffee so is not caffeine withdrawal.

has anyone else had this problem? am eating some carbs, just not so many. Help!!:ohmy:

I really don't think the headaches are caused by carb withdrawal. Of course you could go off the diet and see if they go away.

Other than cutting out carbs, are you eating anything different from normal or cutting out other things too?

i didn't cut out carbs altogether. just not so many. i cut out beer, maybe that is the culprit. was having two in the afternoon. my brain is a bit foggy. the other odd thing is blood sugar is up. strange since having little or no sugar and the low carbs. had corn for dinner and that is fairly high , i think. just lots of veggies and lean fish or chicken. curious.

now that i think about it, the high blood sugar may be the cause. just don't understand why it is high. it is not through the roof, just higher than the food intake should make it. diabetes is a pain .

now that i think about it, the high blood sugar may be the cause. just don't understand why it is high. it is not through the roof, just higher than the food intake should make it. diabetes is a pain .

Your higher blood sugar is your body going into protection mode, it thinks you are starving it so you are cranking out glycogen. This will normalize when you get your carb need button reset...does that make sense?

Why don't they tell you about this stuff? Do you know how many times that would have come in handy?

Unfortunately, it's not a reset to factory specs...and it takes up to two weeks for your body to find the reset point.:rolleyes:

When you have a fever your thermostat resets quickly. When your temp is going up you feel cold; when it's going down, you feel too warm.

Different biomechanism from the food reset...it's a lot more stubborn and needy.

Your higher blood sugar is your body going into protection mode, it thinks you are starving it so you are cranking out glycogen. This will normalize when you get your carb need button reset...does that make sense?

it certainly does make sense. let's hope the old bod resets quickly. the headaches are keeping me from getting anything useful done. you guys are always so helpful. thank you.:cool:

Babe you must drink at least 4 pints of water a day.
3 weeks ago I moved from 1200 cals per day to 1800, my wife gives me 1 wholemeal roll with the main course for dinner and if I'm lucky 6oz of pots.
Tonight I will have my first eggs for 13 weeks:)
Keep it up Babe ive lost a total of 38 lbs so far and everything works better;)

i am drinking about four 12 oz bottles a day. no headache today, well except when blood sugar went up, so maybe my body is adjusting. hope so, i have done well all week on calories.

Back
Top Bottom