Cast Iron Skillet Tortilla Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I saw this recipe a while ago and it intrigued me so I saved it.

Tried it today for the first time with my 12" CI skillet and a big burrito-sized tortilla. I made a quick pepperoni pizza for SO and me for lunch. We both thought it was very good. You have some control over how the crust ends up from browned and flexible to crispy.

The best part is that it takes very little time from start to plating. So it's perfect for when you crave the taste of pizza but have no time to make a real one.

Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes | Serious Eats

I did this a few nights ago too. I don't have a 12" skillet and my 10.5" round Lodge griddle was a tad too small for the flour tortilla so I used a 14" Lodge CI pizza pan. The pizzas came out great, my wife loved the crunchy thin crust. I made 2 kinds of pizzas, regular pepperoni pizza and white pizza.
Next time I'm going to experiment using pita bread and see how they come out.

I'm thinking that a Boboli thin crust 12-inch pizza crust would work in a CI skillet, too, using the same method.

CD

You can get tortillas in several different sizes to match the sizes of your pan bottoms. You could also make it work with other pan materials.

This sounds intriguing. Thanks, Andy.

I love thin crust, and I've needed inspiration to clean and re-season my CI.

I like the idea. We had a place where we used to live which made Fajizza. The tortilla they used was twice as thick as a normal flour tortilla. DD was working at a place next door to it and they were always bringing her and the other employees samples as they developed the different Fajizzas. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom