Cheese and Fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple.alien.giraffe

Executive Chef
So, I've known since I was a kid that cottage cheese and cream cheese were good with fruit, but for reasons unknown I never bothered to try any other cheese and fruit combinations until within the last year. :ermm:

So far I've discovered I like cheddar and apples, havarti and apples, havarti and strawberries, and blue cheese and pears. I'm wondering, what are some of your favorite cheese and fruit combinations?

Brie with cherries (specifically cherry jam). Apples with very sharp cheddar is. Y favorite though. When I first heard of it I thought it was the most disgusting sounding combo possible. Boy was I wrong!

Strawberries/Rasberries (Jam is good, fruit is also good) and Edam is a favourite in our house!!

But cheddar and apples, cheddar and grapes are good, foolproof combos. And brie and mangos are nice too.

I like plain havarti (not the herbed) with almost any fruit. I like Swiss and it's variations (Emmenthal, etc) with apples and pears. We often put a small bowl of the better balsamic on the table and some walnut or pecan halves and everyone dips a little. Oh! Blue cheeses are great with apples and pears as well, and you drink a good port with them. Never liked port until I had it like this; blue cheese, walnuts, and port.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom