Cheesecakes from Swiss Colony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mj1

Cook
Does anyone know if those cheesecakes from Swiss Colony need to be refrigerated? I don't think they're refrigerated when they're sent through the mail (FedEx), but are they supposed to be put in the refrigerator once they're received? Their website doesn't give any information about this.

I'm asking because my aunt sent me one as a surprise, but I found out about it before it's even arrived. It's supposed to arrive this weekend (Friday afternoon), but I won't be home until Sunday afternoon and it was shipped on Wednesday. So I'm worried it might spoil. Since I'm not supposed to know about it, I'm hesitant to ask another relative to do something with it when it does arrive. And if I do ask, I'll have to call and nag them about it since they aren't very reliable.

I would assume it does, but I don't know for sure. Try their toll-free customer service number: 1-800-544-9036.

P.S. FedEx does deliver refrigerated and frozen foods.

I thought I'd give an update. FedEx delivered it to the local post office on Friday morning and the USPS put it in my mail box Saturday afternoon. It's supposed to be ok to eat, but I have some doubts. I ate it two nights in a row and the following mornings I felt strange (unusually sleepy and a little nauseated). I have a brave relative who is willing to sample a piece so if they feel strange too then it's the cheesecake.

I also thought I'd share my opinion on the taste and quality of cheesecake. It's a German Chocolate Cheesecake and cost around $32 for 2 lbs or so from Swiss Colony. It's very small looking and defintely smaller than a 9 inch pie plate. Personally, I don't think it has much flavor. I taste the chocolate, but it certainly doesn't taste like cheesecake at all. I'm a bit disappointed and I'm not sure how to feel. I feel proud that someone cared so much about me that they wanted to send me a cheesecake. On the other hand, I feel sort of crappy that they spent $32 on a bland, overpriced cheesecake when they could have just made a much tastier one from a Jello box for $2. Heck! They could have made 16 cheesecakes for $32.

Oh, that's a shame. I agree, contact customer service. They may also have a review page, you might want to post one. The Better Business Bureau would be another place to warn others. I feel so bad for you and your aunt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom