Cheesy Taco Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
You can use store bought pizza dough from a can or make your own crust from your favorite recipe. I have included my pizza crust recipe that I like to use.
My son likes to spread some sour cream on top of his pizza. You can change it up by adding olives and tomatoes along with the sour cream.
Enjoy! Debbie

CHEESY TACO PIZZA

img_558697_0_6dc94db0943644933ad15974b039e80e.jpg

TOPPING
1 pound(s) GROUND BEEF
1 cup(s) ONION; Chopped.
1 tablespoon(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1/2 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
4 teaspoon(s) CUMIN; Ground.
2 teaspoon(s) CHILI POWDER
1 teaspoon(s) PAPRIKA
SALT; To Taste.
MOZZARELLA CHEESE; To Taste.
CHEDDAR CHEESE; To Taste.
PIZZA SAUCE; To Taste.

DOUGH
3 cup(s) FLOUR
1 cup(s) WATER; Warm.
2 teaspoon(s) SUGAR
1 teaspoon(s) SALT
2 tablespoon(s) OIL
1 tablespoon(s) YEAST
_____

For topping.
In a skillet, brown the ground beef, onions and garlic.
Drain off any fat.
Add pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt to taste, mix until well combined.

For dough.
Combine flour, yeast, sugar, salt and oil to a bowl, add warm water.
Mix together until soft dough forms.
Remove from bowl and knead for 8 to 10 minutes.
Lightly spray bowl with non-stick cooking spray, add dough and turn dough to coat.
Cover with a towel and set the dough in a warm place to rise for about 45 to 60 minutes.
Grease a 14 inch pizza pan.
Knead pizza dough for a minute or two to remove air bubbles and then press onto pizza pan to edges.
Spread pizza sauce over dough.
Sprinkle meat on top of pizza sauce.
Top with the mozzarella cheese then the cheddar cheese.
Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges of crust is brown and cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before slicing.

_____

Last edited:
Hm, never heard of it, but I will look for it.

I don't have much experience with yeast, but I would like to try your crust recipe..
You say to combine the flour,yeast,sugar,salt, and oil to a bowl, and then add warm water? Is the warm water for the yeast? Do I had just enough water to make the soft ball like you said?

Hm, never heard of it, but I will look for it.

I don't have much experience with yeast, but I would like to try your crust recipe..
You say to combine the flour,yeast,sugar,salt, and oil to a bowl, and then add warm water? Is the warm water for the yeast? Do I had just enough water to make the soft ball like you said?

I'm sure any brand sauce will work, my family likes this brand the best.
This crust is very easy. The water is for the yeast, just add all the water, but if you are not sure add until you get a soft workable dough. I have always added the same amount of water every time. Debbie

Thanks Debbie, that looks sooooo good, must try this one, you sure have a lot of yummy recipes ! Especially at dinner time - :ohmy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom