Cherry pie - cherry type question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geuh

Assistant Cook
This year, I've decided to really go outside of the box and make a cherry pie for Thanksgiving. I have a 9" crust and one 21oz can of pie-ready cherries. My dilemma, only realized after returning home: The pie needs 2 cans worth of cherries. Now, I also have a big jar of Maraschino cherries, but they're just in water or something, not the goop that the cans have.

My question: can I put a can's worth of the cocktail cherries into the pie, making it a 50/50 canned/Maraschino mix? Will that be disastrous? Do I need to push through the lazy to go buy another can? Is this even an issue?

Thank you very very much for your wisdom. Sorry if this is a bit of a ridiculous question :)

This year, I've decided to really go outside of the box and make a cherry pie for Thanksgiving. I have a 9" crust and one 21oz can of pie-ready cherries. My dilemma, only realized after returning home: The pie needs 2 cans worth of cherries. Now, I also have a big jar of Maraschino cherries, but they're just in water or something, not the goop that the cans have.

My question: can I put a can's worth of the cocktail cherries into the pie, making it a 50/50 canned/Maraschino mix? Will that be disastrous? Do I need to push through the lazy to go buy another can? Is this even an issue?

Thank you very very much for your wisdom. Sorry if this is a bit of a ridiculous question :)

I would go buy another can of pie cherries, too risky to mess up Thanksgiving dessert.

Back
Top Bottom