Chicken and Red Potatoes with one oven?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rayzawhozawha

Assistant Cook
Ok, so tonight I'm supposed to be making chicken and red potatoes. The chicken requires 350 degrees (F) for 35 minutes, and the potatoes need 450 degrees (F) for 40 minutes. I've been living with my parents until this weekend, and have made these together with their big kitchen containing two ovens, but I just moved into an appartment and I'm down to one oven now.

How can I cook these two items to have them done at the same time? I've got one oven, and if it helps, a microwave.

By the way, for future reference - would I be making a mistake if I tried putting chicken and a cake in the oven together if they use the same cooking temperature?

You should be able to cook them both together. Just cook the potatoes longer at 350°.

Rainee is correct. Just cook them longer. I myself have place them in the oven for a coulpe minutes on high and then place them in the oven with the chicken.

I do this all the time with chuck roast and potatoes - just put the potatoes in longer - actually I like them better that way anyway. Just check them with a fork until you get the altered timing down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom