Chicken breast recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene.jordan73

Assistant Cook
I am looking for chicken breast recipes! Not just baked recipes, I’m good with chopping up the chicken, grilling, anything. I have a lot of chicken to use and a family who is tired of the same old chicken. Please help!!! I’m looking for recupes that don’t have a ton of ingredients that aren’t normally in the cupboard as I’m on a tight budget. Thank you!!!

I poach BSCB's in water flavored with chicken bouillon, bay leaves, pepper corns, etc...

If you don't have bouillon powder and spices then use plain old tap water seasoned with salt and pepper, the chicken won't care. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I put the BSCB's in a pot with enough of the seasoned poaching liquid to cover the chicken breasts, cover the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approx. 10 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and leave covered for another 20 minutes to finish cooking. I chill the chicken breasts and use or freeze the strained broth.

I use the meat sliced, cubed or shredded in sandwiches, salads, soups and casseroles. I save the liquid for soup or gravy.

Try using some of the meat in a quick white chili, tacos, shredded chicken barbecue sandwiches or reheated in a jar of pasta sauce served over long pasta.

Good luck!

Last edited:
2 - 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar Dona Maria mole sauce (Mexican section in the supermarket)

Cut chicken breasts in 1" strips across the grain (makes it easier to shred), put in slow cooker. Add 1 jar of mole plus 4 jars of water. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Shred chicken, return to slow cooker. The sauce will thicken quite a bit once the chicken is shredded. Serve over egg noodles or baked potatoes. Reheats very well. A mildly spicy chicken dish that's a little out of the ordinary, and very easy to make.

products-dona-maria-mole-original.png

Marinade your chicken in Italian dressing for about 4 hours.
Grill the chicken, just to mark it. A lot of the dressing still on each piece of chicken will fall on the charcoal and give up a smoke that will perfume your chicken.
Once marked on both sides, pull the chicken from the grill and place it on a preheated 350 degree oven for about 17 minutes (could go as high as 20 minutes), until inside temperature has reach 165 Degree.
Can be eaten hot or cold.
Have fun

Last edited:
Hi, Rene. You should check out our Chicken forum. It's loaded with great recipes for chicken. Many of them will be for breasts.

Look for Chicken Fried Chicken recipe. Easy to do. Serve with a scratch made or sto-bought gravy of your choice. Pioneer is one brand. Or you could serve it straight up.

Fun!

This is a favorite:

Spanish Chicken

3-4 chx breasts
2 green peppers
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
hot peppers to taste
1 large onion
1 can Ro-Tell tomatoes and chilli
1 can tomato paste
1tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp hot paprika
1 tbsp olive oil.

Cut the chicken into strips, brown in olive oil with the pepper and spices. High heat, just enough to sear the meat.

Cut everything else up into strips.

Put into a large cassarole dish or dutch oven, add the canned ingredients. Stir with authority, make a small prayer to the god of Chicken for the sacrifice.

The cassarole should go into a preheated oven at 350 for about 45 minutes.

I usually serve this over egg noodles.

As to why this is called Spanish Chicken in my house, and served over egg noodles (Which aren't very spanish at all) is quite a mystery. My grandma made this and you really don't want to ask her detailed questions about etymology of her recipes. She will just bring up the Great Depression, tell me I'm lucky to have food at all, and perhaps brandish a shotgun.

TBS (E-F)

Chicken Casserole Ideas: enchiladas, tetrazzini, chix and biscuits, chix and stuffing casserole, chix and dumplings, ala king on rice or chow mein noodles or mash potatoes, sweet and sour (and spicy) chix, fried rice, fajitas. Wish I did Cajun or Thai.

If you want a recipe for above, google or ask.

One of my favorites--baked chix with catalina French dressing mixed with orange marmalade or apricot preserves or really favorite, mix with canned whole cranberry sauce, grated fresh ginger to taste. Add a couple spoonfuls of dried onion soup mix.

Last edited:
This is a very simple and low-cost way of doing it. Take the skin off. Rub the chicken pieces with mixed herbs. Roll them with bacon slices, drizzle with oil, preferably olive. Bring the oven temperature up to hot, and bake until the bacon is crisp. It's easy, tasty, and simple to do. If you want to do a peperonata - made with bell peppers, do them separately, and if you want a good recipe for that, it's easy: cut the peppers longways, take off the white bits and the seeds, cut the pepper long ways, add chopped onions, garlic, white wine and simmer until soft. Add your favourite herbs et voilà.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

How about blackened chicken? You can serve it chunked or sliced in a salad.:yum:

I've never blackened chicken breasts, but have grilled them with a dry rub of Cajun seasonings. A few mesquite chips give it a nice flavor. Goes well with red beans and rice. Also have grilled them with Italian seasonings (basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder).

Marinade your chicken in Italian dressing for about 4 hours.
Grill the chicken, just to mark it. A lot of the dressing still on each piece of chicken will fall on the charcoal and give up a smoke that will perfume your chicken.
Once marked on both sides, pull the chicken from the grill and place it on a preheated 350 degree oven for about 17 minutes (could go as high as 20 minutes), until inside temperature has reach 165 Degree.
Can be eaten hot or cold.
Have fun

Why not just cook the chicken on the grill? That’s what it is for, after all.

A lot faster and easier than marking it then dirtying up a pan to cook it in the oven

Chicken Saltimbocca

1/4 c flour
4 chicken cutlets, 4 oz each, 1/4” thick, trimmed
salt & pepper
3 t chopped fresh sage + 4 lg sage leaves
4 thin prosciutto slices, 1.5 oz
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small shallot, minced
1/2 c chicken broth
1/4 c dry vermouth or dry white wine
1 Tbsp butter, unsalted, room temp
1 Tbsp fresh flat parsley, chopped
1 t lemon juice

Sprinkle flour on plate. Pat chicken with towel and season with pepper. One cutlet at a time, dredge cutlet in flour, shake off excess, then sprinkle 1 side of cutlet with minced sage. Put a slice of prosciutto on sage side to help it adhere.

Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat. Add sage leaves and cook until they begin to change color - approx 15 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and set aside.

Lay cutlets - prosciutto side down - on oil in skillet over med high heat until golden brown on bottom side - approx 2 min. Flip and cook until lightly browned - approx 1 min. Transfer to plate, tent with foil, and set aside.

Cook shallot in left over oil over med heat for 2 min. Add pinch flour and cook 1 min more. Whisk in vermouth & broth, scraping up any brown bits. Bring to simmer and cook until sauce is slightly thickened and reduced to 1/3 c - approx 3-5 min.

Return cutlets and any juices from plate to skillet, prosciutto side up. Simmer until cooked through - approx 30 sec. Transfer cutlets to plates. To sauce in skillet, add butter, parsley, and lemon juice. Pour sauce over cutlets and garnish with whole sage leaves.

Serves 2

Chicken with mushrooms, Madeira, creme fraiche

1 oz dried morel mushrooms
6 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
salt, pepper
Flour for dredging
1/4 c butter, unsalted
1/3 c shallots, chopped
1 c Madeira wine
1 c creme fraiche
1 c heavy cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh

Soak mushrooms in very hot water for 30 min. Preheat oven to 375F.

Lift morels gently from water so most of grit stays in bowl. Rinse a few times to get out all grit. Discard liquid. Dry morels with towels. Set aside.

Sprinkle salt & pepper on chicken breasts. Dredge in flour and shake off excess. Heat half of butter in large skillet. Cook chicken in batches over med-low heat until browned: 8 - 10 min. Remove to casserole dish.

Add rest of butter, shallots, and morels to skillet. Cook over med heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine and cook over high heat, reducing liquid by half: 3 - 4 min. Add creme fraiche, cream, lemon juice, 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper. Boil until mixture starts to thicken: around 5 - 10 min.

Pour sauce over chicken and bake 12 min or until chicken is heated through.

Just commenting on the recipe right above here... are morels really worth $15 an ounce and up? Are there any other wild mushrooms that could be subbed for them without radically changing the flavor profile? The morels in that recipe cost more than the rest of the ingredients combined.

I've never bought morels alone, only gotten a very few in wild mushroom mixes, and those generally put one or two at most in a pound just for appearance sake. Even black truffles are only about $7 an ounce.

I love porcini mushrooms and try to keep some on hand when I want that wonderfully earthy flavor that they impart to dishes, but I just can't justify buying morels.

Morels have a meaty taste IMO. Portobello or baby Portobello and a bit of beef stock and Worcester sauce can bring a similar flavour. I made something similar last night with baby Bello's, a bit of brandy and 1/2 and 1/2. A little less expensive, still tasty.

I make fried chicken a lot in our cast iron skillet. I pound the chicken breast out flat (wife doesn't like dark meat/bone in) and salt/pepper/Old Bay it and then dredge it in flour, egg, and Italian seasoned bread crumbs. I usually make 3 or 4 pounds of it at once, so I fry up the pieces quickly in the cast iron (not large enough to cook all of the chicken at once) and finish them off (and keep them warm) in the oven on a sheetpan.

I usually make enough for 2 or 3 meals. Can't really go wrong. I usually cook up cabbage and noodles (Haluski) to go with it. Or some pasta.

Last edited:
While I am not a huge Guy Fieri fan, he has a recipe called Three Citrus Chicken that is really good. I did not make any modifications at all too

Back
Top Bottom