"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Chicken breast recipes

I am looking for chicken breast recipes! Not just baked recipes, Iím good with chopping up the chicken, grilling, anything. I have a lot of chicken to use and a family who is tired of the same old chicken. Please help!!! Iím looking for recupes that donít have a ton of ingredients that arenít normally in the cupboard as Iím on a tight budget. Thank you!!!

Old 12-10-2017, 03:23 AM   #2
Master Chef

I poach BSCB's in water flavored with chicken bouillon, bay leaves, pepper corns, etc...

If you don't have bouillon powder and spices then use plain old tap water seasoned with salt and pepper, the chicken won't care.

I put the BSCB's in a pot with enough of the seasoned poaching liquid to cover the chicken breasts, cover the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approx. 10 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and leave covered for another 20 minutes to finish cooking. I chill the chicken breasts and use or freeze the strained broth.

I use the meat sliced, cubed or shredded in sandwiches, salads, soups and casseroles. I save the liquid for soup or gravy.

Try using some of the meat in a quick white chili, tacos, shredded chicken barbecue sandwiches or reheated in a jar of pasta sauce served over long pasta.

Good luck!

Old 12-10-2017, 07:11 AM   #3
Head Chef

2 - 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar Dona Maria mole sauce (Mexican section in the supermarket)

Cut chicken breasts in 1" strips across the grain (makes it easier to shred), put in slow cooker. Add 1 jar of mole plus 4 jars of water. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Shred chicken, return to slow cooker. The sauce will thicken quite a bit once the chicken is shredded. Serve over egg noodles or baked potatoes. Reheats very well. A mildly spicy chicken dish that's a little out of the ordinary, and very easy to make.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:05 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

Marinade your chicken in Italian dressing for about 4 hours.
Grill the chicken, just to mark it. A lot of the dressing still on each piece of chicken will fall on the charcoal and give up a smoke that will perfume your chicken.
Once marked on both sides, pull the chicken from the grill and place it on a preheated 350 degree oven for about 17 minutes (could go as high as 20 minutes), until inside temperature has reach 165 Degree.
Can be eaten hot or cold.
Have fun
Old 12-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

Hi, Rene. You should check out our Chicken forum. It's loaded with great recipes for chicken. Many of them will be for breasts.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Look for Chicken Fried Chicken recipe. Easy to do. Serve with a scratch made or sto-bought gravy of your choice. Pioneer is one brand. Or you could serve it straight up.

Fun!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #7
Sous Chef

This is a favorite:

Spanish Chicken

3-4 chx breasts
2 green peppers
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
hot peppers to taste
1 large onion
1 can Ro-Tell tomatoes and chilli
1 can tomato paste
1tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp hot paprika
1 tbsp olive oil.

Cut the chicken into strips, brown in olive oil with the pepper and spices. High heat, just enough to sear the meat.

Cut everything else up into strips.

Put into a large cassarole dish or dutch oven, add the canned ingredients. Stir with authority, make a small prayer to the god of Chicken for the sacrifice.

The cassarole should go into a preheated oven at 350 for about 45 minutes.

I usually serve this over egg noodles.

As to why this is called Spanish Chicken in my house, and served over egg noodles (Which aren't very spanish at all) is quite a mystery. My grandma made this and you really don't want to ask her detailed questions about etymology of her recipes. She will just bring up the Great Depression, tell me I'm lucky to have food at all, and perhaps brandish a shotgun.

TBS (E-F)
Old 12-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Chicken Casserole Ideas: enchiladas, tetrazzini, chix and biscuits, chix and stuffing casserole, chix and dumplings, ala king on rice or chow mein noodles or mash potatoes, sweet and sour (and spicy) chix, fried rice, fajitas. Wish I did Cajun or Thai.

If you want a recipe for above, google or ask.

One of my favorites--baked chix with catalina French dressing mixed with orange marmalade or apricot preserves or really favorite, mix with canned whole cranberry sauce, grated fresh ginger to taste. Add a couple spoonfuls of dried onion soup mix.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #9
Sous Chef

This is a very simple and low-cost way of doing it. Take the skin off. Rub the chicken pieces with mixed herbs. Roll them with bacon slices, drizzle with oil, preferably olive. Bring the oven temperature up to hot, and bake until the bacon is crisp. It's easy, tasty, and simple to do. If you want to do a peperonata - made with bell peppers, do them separately, and if you want a good recipe for that, it's easy: cut the peppers longways, take off the white bits and the seeds, cut the pepper long ways, add chopped onions, garlic, white wine and simmer until soft. Add your favourite herbs et voilŗ.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde
Old 12-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Mr. Reston and I are totally on the same page. Best wishes.

TBS (E-F)

Tags
chicken, chicken breast, recipe, recipes