Chicken soup vs Chicken stock: Simple question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG...."VOO DOO" pot to be sure!! I can just see those curled up toes. Running to get some garlic to hang around my neck. Gawd, you must love that man!!
I'm glad he's yours......

It keeps him off of the streets. :LOL: I am rather fond of him, to be sure. :heart:

This stock really does look amazing, but I never would have thought of chicken feet as an ingredient. The other advantage is that I will know chicken feet were used to make the stock instead of having to guess what really is coming out of the can even though I'll use a can when needed.

It's all part of my getting back in touch with my inner-hippie. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It keeps him off of the streets. :LOL: I am rather fond of him, to be sure. :heart:

This stock really does look amazing, but I never would have thought of chicken feet as an ingredient. The other advantage is that I will know chicken feet were used to make the stock instead of having to guess what really is coming out of the can even though I'll use a can when needed.

It's all part of my getting back in touch with my inner-hippie. :ROFLMAO:

Thinking on it...I've never seen chicken feet for sale around here. Not even at the local organic store. I'll have to ask around the Farmer's market when it starts back up.

My inner-hippie keeps looking for bell bottoms.

Thinking on it...I've never seen chicken feet for sale around here. Not even at the local organic store. I'll have to ask around the Farmer's market when it starts back up.

My inner-hippie keeps looking for bell bottoms.

If there are markets that cater to the Asian population, they should have some.

...chicken feet, not bell bottoms.

If there are markets that cater to the Asian population, they should have some.

...chicken feet, not bell bottoms.

LOL! Our Farmer's market is about a block long. It caters to everyone. I will ask some our Hmong farmer's about chicken feet.

I think for an actual market, I'll have to drive to Spokane or Seattle.

*dances to 'Baby Face'* I really need chickens!

I'd love to find awesome bell bottoms. The few I run across simply are not the same! Really....they simply do not fit like they use to fit! :LOL:

*dances to 'Baby Face'* I really need chickens!

I'd love to find awesome bell bottoms. The few I run across simply are not the same! Really....they simply do not fit like they use to fit! :LOL:

You mean back when we had tiny waists:LOL: and no hips? I had a pair of elephant bells, each bell was bigger around than the waist.

I raise chickens, and last year, I bought 25 cockerel chicks--baby roosters. When I prepared them for their summer home (in the freezer) I saved the feet.

Chicken feet are just barely this side of my 'OMG I can't deal with THAT' line. It is the little soft pads on the bottom that skeeve me out--too much like little hands. :(

They do make good rich stock, but you have to separate them from the chicken, first, and then you have to scald them and peel the scales and the toenail sheaths off. Lot of trouble. My mom (one of 12 kids) said they used to boil them up on butchering day and eat them. Not me. Nope.

If you are buying chicken feet they have already been prepped. Just close your eyes and put them in the pot. I worked for a brief time at a Tyson chicken processing plant, and they shipped huge cardboard cartons of plastic bags of 'paws' to China.

These were prepped already. The ones I saw at the Asian market were not. One of the feet had the membrane still attatched, easy to remove though.

I did not think of playing with them. A little chicken soft shoe could have been interesting.

The plan is to actually can this stuff tomorrow. I pulled about 1.5 liters of fat off the stock today. (I say it that way because to throw it out I poured it into a 2 liter bottle).

First I was in error, the stock pot is 16Qt.

We got 14 pint jars canned (7Qt.) plus another 11oz that we put in an ice cube tray.

I was at one of the local grocery stores today and what did I find in the poultry section???? CHICKEN FEET!!!!!! I have never seen them there before, but then again I could have walked right by them,.

Voodoo stock!

Yum!

Attachments

• Stock01.jpg
    Stock01.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom