Chicken wings in black currant marinade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mantsi

Assistant Cook
I was looking for an interesting chicken dish and found "Chicken in rasberry marinade".I didn't have rasberry jam so I used a blackcurrant conficture with a plain yogurht for the marinade.
Now I'm looking for options on how to prepare it.I know I can microwave the dish as it is similar to tandoori chicken.But I wondered if after 15 minutes in the microwave, I could remove and coat the chicken wings in Tempura powder and deep fry.If this sounds feasable, what could I add to the tempura coating to reduce the sweet taste a tad?
This might seem a slightly unusual way to prepare a meal, but it is for a birthday celebration tomorrow and I wanted to give an overnight marinade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I know the deadline for your dish is past, but should you decide to make it in the future, maybe you could add chili powder to the tempura to accentuate and offset the sweetness, similar to some mexican candies

Many thanks for the advice.

In the end I used "cajun", coosbera and "new-orleans' spices in a plain drinking yogurt.The result was good and a basis for further "tasting" tests along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom