Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate adobe sauce with all my heart. Ruined my gazpacho that I spent forever making once.

I made a "catch all" salsa (orange pepper, tomatoes, tomatillos, corn, black beans, spring onions, cilantro, lime, there was more but I can't remember now) the other day and added some of the adobo sauce to it - it gave it a great smokey flavor.

Drama Queen said:
Adobo sauce doesn't belong in gazpacho. I love the stuff but only where it should be.
I know that now. I was following Racheal Ray's recipe though, and I always find when I follow her recipes that she sometimes has some tastes for adding odd things to what would otherwise be good dishes.

Banana Brain said:
I know that now. I was following Racheal Ray's recipe though, and I always find when I follow her recipes that she sometimes has some tastes for adding odd things to what would otherwise be good dishes.

That should be a big hint to you about her recipes!:mrgreen:

I don't freeze my left over chipotles.
I put them in a sterilized jar, cover with oil and refrigerate them. They last at least six months - if I let them - but they have lots of added preservatives anyway.
Try them with a roasted tomato & onion salsa.

I puree then put a teaspoon (because this is about the size I use in many recipes) at a time on waxed paper and freeze. Then bottle in a half pint wide mouth mason jar, vacuum with the Food Saver and keep in the freezer. Lorie

Haven't read all the posts so if this is a repeat, please excuse.
Puree them and spread out in a plastic bag. Break off what you want.
I agree with the adobo sauce not being appropriate to everything--like gazpacho. But probably the amount I would use in that, it wouldn't make a lot of difference. I have some dried that I use for seasoning also.

We love chipotles! I love to chop them very finely and add along with some of the adobo sauce to mayo for burgers and especially turkey sandwiches or wraps. I'll do the same thing to ranch dressing for a "taco salad". I always have chipotle chile powder on hand - great for rubs, especially if you put a bit in barbecue sauce.

I freeze them in ice cube trays. Since they are so strong, I put one chili per "cube", equally divide the sauce, then freeze.

Once they are frozen, I pop them out of the ice cube tray, put them in freezer baggies and use them one at a time, usually the perfect amount for my cooking.

I've found that freezing them in baggies works great avalondeb. No ice cube trays needed actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom