Chocolate covered fruit- help me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwebby05

Assistant Cook
Help! I've been trying to make chocolate covered frozen bananas and chocolate covered strawberries. It seems like the chocolate always clumps or slides off of the fruit. Am I not heating the chocolate correctly? Is there water getting into the chocolate from the fruit? How do I solve these problems??

Welcome to the site. Let us know, step by step, exactly what you did and I am sure someone here will be able to guide you in the right direction.

I melt semi-sweet choc. chips in a bowl in the MW.....heat just until they get soft, then take out of MW and keep stirring until it's melted. I've never done frozen bananas, but I do strawberries all the time.....just dip them, turning so they're covered on all sides, then put them on waxed paper, then into the fridge until set....

If you are not having problems with your strawberries try freezing the bananas after you dip them.. I'm thinking the warmth of the chocolate against the frozen banana is causing your problem... Keep us posted... :bounce:

Maybe dredge the fruit in powdered sugar? Kind of like putting flour on the meat before breading? I'm not a candy maker so don't know if this will solve your problem. I make buckeyes at Christmas and found that the chocolate chips usually don't work well for coating so I buy candiquik and it works better.CandiQuik.com

Back
Top Bottom