Christmas goodies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
Made cake pops and Black Forest cake for Christmas! The cherry pie filling I made is so good, I will never buy pie filling again! Yum!

5 different flavors of cake pops. I think I'm going to be popular with the kids tomorrow ha ha ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1481946729.134499.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

The pops look good and the cake is really beautiful!! You will, indeed, be popular!

Do you have recipes? Was it homemade filling?

I was up your way a few weeks ago -- in Grand Rapids

Nice! I love Grand Rapids!

It was mostly home made. I used boxed cake mix because I don't have a tried and true cake recipe.

Black Forest Cake
Cream cheese frosting
Cherry pie filling
Chocolate cake

Bake cake as directed in 9 in two 9" cake pans. Put cherry pie filling between layers. Frost, top with more cherries.

Pie filling:
2 14 oz cans tart cherries, drained (not sweet cherries!)
1/4 cup reserved cherry juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 T corn starch
1/4 cup kirsch (optional)

In sauce pan, bring cherry juice, sugar, corn starch and kirsch to a boil. Simmer for 5 min before adding drained cherries (no need to simmer if not using kirsch. May add 1 t. Vanilla instead of kitsch if desired.)

The cake pops are just normal cake pops lol. I made three layers instead of two, and piped some frosting around the perimeter of each layer then let it harden in the fridge before putting the pie filling in the center. That way it doesn't just get squished out the sides. I also added some fudge between the layers, no explanation necessary ha ha

Wow, thanks for the welcome back!! I don't have much time for cooking lately because I'm back in school and I was taking calculus and discrete math at the same time, plus two other classes ha ha. But I'm on Christmas break now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom