"Christmas Quiche" Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought so. Thanks for confirming. :)

I am a little daunted by the pastry. It is hard to get right. And while I feel fairly confident about a "normal" quiche filling, getting the ratios and flavours right for this "unusual" one is my personal challenge! (I don't want people to feel embarrassed eating it in front of me!) :ermm: (They are really nice people I work with so they will be polite, but I would much rather they genuinely liked it!) :LOL:
Psst! Just between you and me and don't tell anyone, Tesco et al do very good ready rolled pastry (made with butter even) - both shortcrust and puff pastry - in the chiller cabinet near the butter and cheese. No-one will ever know if you "be like Dad and keep Mum".

"be like Dad and keep Mum"

Never heard that one before. I love it and will try to remember it.
It was on a famous and much quoted British WWII poster warning people that "Careless talk costs lives". If you Google it you can see a selection of the posters including the one with the glamorous blonde with a sailor, an airman and a soldier oggling her and the caption "Keep mum, she's not so dumb"

I think in USA they had a "Loose Lips Sink Ships" campaign among others.

(I was a product of the post war baby boom and these sayings were still very common in my childhood.)

It was on a famous and much quoted British WWII poster warning people that "Careless talk costs lives". If you Google it you can see a selection of the posters including the one with the glamorous blonde with a sailor, an airman and a soldier oggling her and the caption "Keep mum, she's not so dumb"

I think in USA they had a "Loose Lips Sink Ships" campaign among others.

(I was a product of the post war baby boom and these sayings were still very common in my childhood.)
I just Googled it and that poster is wonderful. I'm post war baby boom too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom