Cinnamon Rolls - even shapes and even cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulette

Assistant Cook
I followed a recipe for cinnamon rolls and it advised me to cook it at 350 degrees for 15 min. The rolls were in a 9 X 13 pan. I had to cook them for 20 minutes and they appeared to be nice and brown all over. But after they cooled, the ones in the center fell to 1/2 the size. Also, the rolls were not the same size, so it makes it difficult to portion them and when serving, people don't want the small ones.

After looking through some sites, I now think I should have cooked them longer. But can you advise? How do I keep the edges from turning into hockey pucks in order to ensure thorough cooking for the middle ones?

p

About two weeks back, I posted a recipe for an exceptional pastry dough. I made cinnamon rolls with them and they were the best I'd ever made. Search under deserts, pastries and look for my post. Try the recipe and see if they come out as good for you as they did for me.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I always bake mine in round cake pans for even baking. I have tried them in jelly roll pans and the centers never get done at the same time the ones around the edges do.

These are the cinnamon rolls I made today from the recipe I posted. The people I gave them to said they were very light and moist, and with a great flavor, better than any store-bought. I'm not exagerating. That's what they said. Oh, and it's not my recipe, but my DIL's. I just used her recipe to make cinnamon rolls.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Attachments

• Cinnamon Rolls.jpg
    Cinnamon Rolls.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 204
About two weeks back, I posted a recipe for an exceptional pastry dough. I made cinnamon rolls with them and they were the best I'd ever made. Search under deserts, pastries and look for my post. Try the recipe and see if they come out as good for you as they did for me.

Would love to make your cinnamon rolls.. Would you be kind enough to tell me what thickness you roll the dough to, and also how much melted butter do you use? Thank you Goodweed...:)

I rolled the cough thin, like for a pizza crust. I then spread 1/2 cup melted butter over the dough and sprinkled liberally with sugar, then cinnamon. Spread broken walnut or pecan pieces evenly over the dough. Roll tightly and cut into 3/4 inch thick rounds. Place onto a parchment paper lined jelly-roll pan, brush with butter, and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size. Bake at 360' for 20 to 25 minutes. Glaze with your favorite glaze. I used a simple syrup boiled to 234 degrees to achieve syrup consistency. I also added a bit of pure maple syrup and a tsp. vanilla to the syrup. I brushed it all over the cooked rolls. These are best served very fresh. But if they sit for a day or so, they are still very good. To bring them back to fresh baked quality, spritz with water and microwave for 25 seconds.

Cinnamon Rolls - Cinnamon Toast Tuesday & Tips

I love the idea of rolling the dough very thin. A local store makes bread that has about 20 concentric circles because they roll it so thin...but that makes it a local favorite! I do "Cinnamon Toast Tuesday (CTT)" at work. I bring in bread or make it and then cook toast for everyone. The one with the 20 circles is the favorite!

Since I'm always looking for new bread for CTT, I discovered cinnamon chips from King Arthur flour company. I put this in the dough and it makes for an even more cinnamony flavor!

The recipe I recently used has instant vanilla pudding in it and I made the dough in my bread maker. The dough was excellent, but you saw the problem I had. I'm going to definitely experiment with using a jelly roll pan and cake pans, as well as Russell's DIL recipe. I might add that the pan I used originally was a 9X13 glass pan. It's nice to be able to see through the bottom to check for doneness, but it was the "in-the middle" which was my problem!

I'll let you know how I do on my experiments!
pauletts

I'm going to definitely experiment with using a jelly roll pan and cake pans, as well as Russell's DIL recipe.

Not mine - Goodweed's! All I did was post a link to his other post which contained the recipe.

(I'm not offended by the confusion, I just don't want to take credit for someone else's recipe)

Is I dont know about baking with yeast, so please forgive me for asking.

In Goodweed´s recipe it says :
"1 lb. potatoes (approx. 3 spuds), cooked peeled and mashed with milk
1/2 cup of the potato water (water the spuds were boiled in
)"

do you use the mash potatoes- or only the water? I have looked, and looked, but it does not say anything more about the mash potatoes, only mentions the water.
or do you mix the potatoes with the flour?
Please tell me, as I would like to try this recipe, looks wonderful!
Thanks for the advice.....

Is I dont know about baking with yeast, so please forgive me for asking.

In Goodweed´s recipe it says :
"1 lb. potatoes (approx. 3 spuds), cooked peeled and mashed with milk
1/2 cup of the potato water (water the spuds were boiled in
)"

do you use the mash potatoes- or only the water? I have looked, and looked, but it does not say anything more about the mash potatoes, only mentions the water.
or do you mix the potatoes with the flour?
Please tell me, as I would like to try this recipe, looks wonderful!
Thanks for the advice.....

:LOL:Sorry about that. You do indeed add the mashed potatoes to the other ingredients when making the dough. The potato water is used to proof (start) the yeast.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks Goodweed for your prompt response. I will try to make the cinnamon rolls very soon, as they look delicious. I love making things like that, but lately I find that sometimes i cant find the time and energy needed. Anyway, I will try to lure one of my nieces to help.

Back
Top Bottom