Citrus acid fruits bad or good for the teeth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Larry, if you ever get down here to the South, order a big glass of sweet tea. That will make you want to brush your teeth. :LOL:

One gallon of hot tea. One full cup of sugar. :ohmy:

Pour over ice.

CD

My daughter warned me about that already :LOL:
She had a competition a few years back in Mississippi, and tried it.
Cant say Ive had the pleasure.:rolleyes:

My daughter warned me about that already :LOL:
She had a competition a few years back in Mississippi, and tried it.
Cant say Ive had the pleasure.:rolleyes:

You can consider yourself lucky. When I lived in Texas, one sip was enough for me. Then I made a trip to visit a friend in Tennessee. She offered to pour me a glass. I passed. I was a coffee drinker at the time. Now I drink just black tea with a small amount of sugar. I can drink it black, just prefer not to.

Yep. It will get your attention in a hurry. :ohmy: :LOL:

CD

I have a enough trouble keeping my carbs down by limiting my pasta and bread intake, if im gonna cheat, it won't be with sweet tea :LOL:

I do like tea though , with my own control as to how much I sweeten it. When we were in Colorado a few weeks ago, we visited the Celestial Seasonings factory and sampled dozens of different flavors.

Having been married to a man from England, I am sure he would have been horrified at the concept of sweet tea. That is not how Her Majesty takes her daily cup of tea.

I can just hear him in my head saying that.

Drink wine

I have an example of how acidic orange juice can be. About a year ago, I picked up a couple of really cheap (2/88 cents) drinking glasses from Wally World. I use them almost nightly for wine. After a year, they still looked new. A couple days ago I squeezed fresh oranges for juice. The juice etched a line clear around where the juice was when I first filled the glasses, then fainter etched lines every time I took a break while drinking it. If the OJ did that to my glass, I don't even want to know what it did to my tooth enamel! :ohmy: I'm sticking with wine, staining and all.

Back
Top Bottom