Coffee with friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katarzyna

Assistant Cook
Hello

Everybody likes when friends are comming but very often we have a problem what we can prepare for coffee. We have no time but we want our menu looks modern and teasty. I decided to share with you with my cresent rolls which are favourite of my husband and children:)

:chef:

Cresent rolls (inside you can put a peace of chocolate for children or good marmolade - tough)

Ingredients:
1/ 2 kg fleur
25 dkg of butter
1 glass of acid cream
5 dkg yeast
a little bit of sel
2 eggs
2 spoon of sugar

Instruction:
1.Mix by hand and spoon- Yeast + sugar + cream
2.Put a fleur on the table and add your butter - cut with knight (stop when it will be mixed without hands till now)
3. Add mixed yeast, sugar and cream to fleur with butter
4. Mix everything with hands
5. Divide dough into 5 pieces
6. Each piece roll out (form of big dinner plate)
7. Each part kut for 6 triangles
8. Form Cresent rolls
9. Put inside chocolate or marmolade
10. Oven 180 C, bake 30 min
11. Put a sugar pudre when they are cold

Super!

Attachments

• DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
These look wonderful!

How big is the glass of acid/sour cream?

Do you let the dough rise or do you work it right after mixing?

Coffe with friends

Hello:)

the glass - 250 ml a bit less or more doesn't change anything,
we don't have to wait for anythink, make a dough, cut and bake:)

ciao
Kasia

They look beautiful. I had something that looks very similar from a french/ european market with chocolate inside, they were quite hard and had a crunch to them. Really, really good

coffe with friends

Thank you very much for your opinion, in the evening I will give you another one very good receip for very quick cakes:);)

Re:

Not long ago our local Public Library held a "Tea". It was the first I had ever attended. I had noticed these little places called "Tea Rooms" over the years
but never saw much traffic around them.

The women who put it on were instructors at a local community college and knew the lore of the "coffee klatch" or "Tea". Honestly I hadn't attended a tea party since some little girls had their tea set out with some vanilla wafers and tea when I was about 4 years old. But even back then I enjoyed it. These women were
fulfilling part of their "community involvement" outreach to promote or revive
cultural trends of the past that are still relevant in the present.

But for those who haven't had the opportunity to do this, I would urge you to do so
as it will be a memorable experience and the crescent roll katarzyna has prepared
or items like it will be examples of what is served.

teaparty1mrjpg-ce59dec3c9f65c4c.jpg

coffe with friends

Looks nice, it had to be nice tea time:)
Good idea, thanks Dee

Some lovely ideas in this thread. Dee Jsaan's picture reminds me of brunch I had in Berlin a few months ago, very traditional food and also the style of the cafe. I was served a cappuccino like no other, it was amazing.

DSCF2937.jpg

coffe with friends

Hi,

Yesterday I promised really good but quick cakes for coffee.
I want to give you receipt for Half French cakes of ma grand-mother as my husband say one of the best in the world. I like to prepare them because preparing them doesn't take more than 15 min + 15 min in oven, really simple and quick to prepare. By the way if you want to see more of my surprises I invite you to my blog which I have just started to write: www.healthymodern.blogspot.com
Ingridients:
3 glasses of fleur (3 x 170 dag)
375 dkg of butter
250 ml acid cream

1. Put the fleur on the table + butter (cold) and cut with knife till butter and fleur will be together
2. Add cream and still mix with knife, finally make a dough with hands.
3. Roll on and prepare shapes which you want. If I prepare it for children I take a special funny forms for children but if not you can use your fantasy.
4. Put a white of en egg on one side of cakes and stick the sugar + put a bit of marmalade (tough)
5. Put to the hot oven 180 C and bake 15 min till cakes start to be a bit gold.
:chef:

Back
Top Bottom