Comfort Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh loads of things. Crispy baked and salted chicken thighs, poppy seed crackers with soft cheddar, boiled potatoes fresh from the garden smothered in best butter, a big sweet milky cup of tea with a tower of biscuits, toasted chicken mayonnaise sandwiches...the list is endless.

Soup, anytype of soft melt in your mouth foods like risotto, beans and rice, freshly baked bread with butter, warm bread with brie and raspberry jam.

For dessert absolutely a creamy dessert like creme brulee or flan.

I have to admit that I find a lot of comfort in cooking, even though it's only for myself but when the wind blows cold and the snow flies and I'm stuck here it's my chicken soup or beef stew or sometimes scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast.
I love breakfast dinners.

I don't know about a whole plate of but a BIG bowl of tomato soup, grilled cheese or peanut butter (has to be Jif) sandwich......... with Saltine crackers.

I forgot to add one....

cold pizza... especially on a Saturday morning, when I don't want to cook... with an ice cold glass of milk or Coke.

I forgot to add one....

cold pizza... especially on a Saturday morning, when I don't want to cook... with an ice cold glass of milk or Coke.

Wow, looks like I've found a kindred spirit. No one, but NO ONE can understand how I have to have ice cold milk with pizza. Welcome to my world VB. :LOL:

Soup, anytype of soft melt in your mouth foods like risotto, beans and rice, freshly baked bread with butter, warm bread with brie and raspberry jam.

For dessert absolutely a creamy dessert like creme brulee or flan.

Yakuta, if you're really into tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, check out my blog. Scroll down to the Sourdough Panini and Roasted Tomato soup. The sandwich is awesome!

comfort foods makes me think of meals my grandmother used to make...top of mind meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and some sort of veggie

gotta laugh at the bowl of hot fudge sauce! We used to go to the local ice cream place and order hot fudge sundaes... "please double the fudge and leave out the ice cream!

gotta laugh at the bowl of hot fudge sauce! We used to go to the local ice cream place and order hot fudge sundaes... "please double the fudge and leave out the ice cream!

I would have to say one of my DH's comfort foods is chocolate chips!!! I keep 2 kg bags in the freezer because I use them alot. But I don't use them as fast as I go through them and I discovered he often goes in and grabs a handful!!!!

Back
Top Bottom