Comfort Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gotta laugh at the bowl of hot fudge sauce! We used to go to the local ice cream place and order hot fudge sundaes... "please double the fudge and leave out the ice cream!

Yeah, why spoil perfectly good hot fudge sauce with ice cream! Hot fudge sauce is one of my favorite vices although I rarely indulge.

My sister owns and operates an ice cream truck. Her fudge sauce is heavenly. I have been tempted to buy a big can from her but so far have not succumbed to my passion. I would probably have to start a chapter of Chocaholics Anonymous.

There are lots.. Mac & Cheese, chili, pizza, tuna-noodle casserole, galumbki (aka cabbage rolls) would be my top 5.

My grandmother and great aunt made a macaroni and peas with elbow pasta and a little tomato sauce.... that dish always makes me feel like I am 5... my grandmother is probably the only Italian grandma who cant cook but the simple pasta dishes she does perfect.

My fathers single-dad special of ground beef, box mashed potatoes and canned cream corn with a large supply of ketchup... great for a hangover.

and nothing says "home" like Mom's Sunday sauce.

a lot of foods are my comfort foods . I like Mac and cheese or Pastina with butter and milk in it.

Some people might
yuk.gif
at this, but I love bacon and/or sausage patty sandwiches with peanut butter. My grandfather loved them, and it rubbed off on me. I try to remember to ask for peanut butter when I go out for breakfast and there's toast and bacon/sausage.

To me, that is a family tradition comfort food!

Back
Top Bottom