Coming to a Pizzeria Near You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
FRIED CATFISH PIZZA

My friend YT2095 Always enjoys some type of pizza on Saturday’s for dinner.
I always enjoy fried Catfish for dinner on Saturdays. So I got this Idea for a Fried Catfish Pizza!

THE CRUST:

1- 12’ Store Bought Pizza Crust (Your favorite)
Brushed with EVOO and sprinkled liberally with Cajun/Creole Seasoning

THE SAUCE:

1 ½ Cups chopped onion
¾ Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
½ Cup Chopped Celery
2 Cups (more or less) Chopped Tomatoes.
3 toes Chopped Garlic
2-3 Tbls. Cajun/Creole Seasoning
2 Bay Leaves
1-2 Tbls Bacon fat
S&P to taste.

Sauté the onion, pepper, and celery in the bacon fat for 3 or 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, Cajun Seasoning and bay leaves. S&P to taste and simmer gently until the veggies are done. Use an immersion blender to make a nice sauce…a little chunky. Let it cool completely.

TOPPINGS.

12 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
1 Cup Cubed Frozen French Fries
Strips of Red and Gold Pepper
2 Green onions diced. Tops included
4 Tbls Chopped Parsley
8 Strips Fried Catfish

Flash Fry the Cubed Potatoes, drain and reserve. Start the Catfish frying in hot peanut oil Spread cooled sauce evenly over crust. Cover the sauce with shredded cheese. Place it in a pre-heated 400* oven for 6 minutes. Remove and sprinkle fried cubed potatoes over cheese and return to the oven. When the catfish is done remove and drain on paper towels. Flash fry the strips of pepper in hot oil for 30 seconds. Remove pizza from the oven. Arrange fish and peppers in a pinwheel design and garnish with Diced green onions, parsley, and a nice sprinkle of Cajun/Creole seasoning! Serve while hot!!!!

Go ahead and laugh.:LOL: I had loads of fun making it, and it was good!!! :-p

Last edited:
French Fries? Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of. I'm waiting for a Hush Puppy Pizza. :ermm::LOL: How 'bout a fish 'n chips pizza? California Pizza Kitchen - look out for Uncle's Bob's.

Last edited:
I'm not laughing!! I love fish and pizza. That is awesome that you were brave enough to put them together. Looks great!!

Have you seen the latest from Dominos? The "Crispy Melt Pizza ".Two thin, crispy crusts with cheese and toppings in between. WAKE UP PEOPLE! This is NOT a pizza, it is two flour tortillas with cheese, meat, and vegetables in between, better known as a QUESADILLA!

That pizza does't make me laugh. It makes me drool. I love fried fish (but not muddy Mississippi catfish). I love the catfish from the Lake Superior water basin (and all others from the same place, lightly coated with flour and either deep or pan fried in oil. The presentation you photograghped is nothing less than stunning. You need to come up here where I live and we'll go ice-fishing together for some great fish, and then, we'll cook 'em "Uncle Bob" style.:mrgreen:

Oh if it could only be so easy.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Love the colors, however, I myself would never eat that :LOL: Fish and pizza don't mix for me, but it sounds like a meal made in heaven for you and YT :chef:

hey Uncle Bob, I love your creativity...and your presentation is georgous....I am really working hard on warming up to the idea of fish on pizza (but it ain't going to happen). The main reason is I am a land lubber and have never had access to that brand of protein:). And considering I usually am swamped with food in two freezers, 100's of canned goods, root crops in the basement and a garden that is still producing, I'm not looking to bring in any more food!

As I have mentioned, my dear FIL was involved in the development of farm raised catfish, and believe me, he would be proud of you;) Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom