Cookbook Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russelliscookin

Assistant Cook
I have a basic cookbook that highlights the basic things I should know. However I'm looking to make a step up. I don't really have a problem following a recipe. If I come across a term I don't understand I just look it up in the basic cookbook I have. My problem is I can't put meals together. I don't know what sides will compliment my main dish. I also would like help pairing wines with a meal. I was at Barnes and Nobles earlier today, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I'd like to find something with entire meals, wine, and desserts. I have no idea how to put things together. Got any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

The Settlement Cookbook
Julia Child's Kitchen Wisdom
The Joy of Cooking
The New Basics
How to Boil Water

For Dessert: Any of Maida Heatter's dessert books, especially her chocolate one.

I just read an ad for a book called "Think like a chef" by Tom Collichio (Top Chef) If I understood the description, it wasn't a recipe book, but rather gave advice on putting together flavor profiles and the like.

I can't vouch for it either way, but it sounds like it may be what your looking for. Maybe worth checking out?

Back
Top Bottom