"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-17-2009, 06:24 AM   #11
Head Chef

I gained almost 10 lbs just over the winter. When it is cold out I like to make winter foods (think starchy, high calories stuff) and bake. I also go through red wine like nobody's business in the winter. And I have SAD so the winters are just difficult for me in general (and I use good foods and sweets as a way to reward myself for getting through the day).

So last week I joined WW for the first time in my life. Counting points blows but it does make me aware of every little thing I am eating. I am still having good, homecooked meals, just less wine and chocolate.

Less brie, more veggies and exercise. I've found if I exercise, I can enjoy an extra glass of wine now and then.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #12
Senior Cook

I know what you mean Toots. I am comfort eater and love starch too. But the spring is in the air and we will be spending more time outdoors, walking and doing bit of gardening and so on. When it is sunny you feel like eating more veg and salads as you say.
Good luck with WW, I am a big fan of WW's and it works!. Let us know how you get on.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots View Post
I gained almost 10 lbs just over the winter. When it is cold out I like to make winter foods (think starchy, high calories stuff) and bake. I also go through red wine like nobody's business in the winter. And I have SAD so the winters are just difficult for me in general (and I use good foods and sweets as a way to reward myself for getting through the day).

So last week I joined WW for the first time in my life. Counting points blows but it does make me aware of every little thing I am eating. I am still having good, homecooked meals, just less wine and chocolate.

Less brie, more veggies and exercise. I've found if I exercise, I can enjoy an extra glass of wine now and then.
Best of luck with WW Toots - I have joined a few walking clubs and
they have forced me to get out - here is a link for a club in Louisville
ClubsByState