Cooking Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommo0608

Assistant Cook
Hey guys

Iv just signed up on here :) for some cooking help, a little about me, im 22 and i recently finished university, i enjoy and get satisfaction from cooking however i find i am very limited because i am a rather fussy eater. Im a big fan of Jamie Oliver, and for Christmas i got myself his 30 minute meal book and im working my way through this at the moment - highly recommended if anyone hasn't had a look at it.

Anyway im hoping as many of you on here will have far more experience and knowledge about what goes with what etc....and met many people like me (fussy eaters) you will be able to help me find some new dishes to try out.

My main hates are tomatoes (however il eat for example a tomato and herb pasta sauce etc), Onions, Peppers, Pea's and Carrots.

My main meals at the moment mainly consist of some sort of chicken dishes (normally il use some sort of marinade and cook the chicken off differently to create different tastes and textures), Ravioli, Spaghetti and Meatballs, a basic mince/potato cottage pie or a fish based meal.

If anyone can give me some ideas on meals that you think i may like would be very appreciated, id also be quiet interested in some ideas for other meat marinades as i normally stick to using chicken.

Thank you for the help guys :chef:

First of all, welcome!

You have given a very broad range of what you are looking for. I think if you take a look through our recipe threads you will find a lot of ideas. Also, if you check out "Today's Menu" with the Daily dinner threads members mention a wide range of ideas. You can always ask for recipes at any time if you see something you like.

The Jamie Oliver book is a good one to start with.

I hope that you will enjoy your stay here at DC and will be able to find the help you are looking for.

Cheers guys im going to take a look around the boards now, espeacily at some new meat ideas and marinades, and i may try some sort of pork marinade.

One question though that perhaps is a little more specified, a substitute for chips? I always find it hard to find something to have with say the chicken or with fish. I do make my own wedges, normally adding some sort of spice (cajun normally or a garlic one and adding some extra virgin olive oil), croquettes and jacket potatoes, as i try to stay away from chips and prefer to treat myself now and then to a trip to the chip shop (not healthy i no but im a big fan of a good bag of chips and a piece of fish). Obviously suggestions don't have to be potato orientated.

Thanks

Cheers guys im going to take a look around the boards now, espeacily at some new meat ideas and marinades, and i may try some sort of pork marinade.

One question though that perhaps is a little more specified, a substitute for chips? I always find it hard to find something to have with say the chicken or with fish. I do make my own wedges, normally adding some sort of spice (cajun normally or a garlic one and adding some extra virgin olive oil), croquettes and jacket potatoes, as i try to stay away from chips and prefer to treat myself now and then to a trip to the chip shop (not healthy i no but im a big fan of a good bag of chips and a piece of fish). Obviously suggestions don't have to be potato orientated.

Thanks

Rice and/or pasta.

Welcome to DC! You'll find lots of good info here. And Jamie's books are great! You picked up a good one to start with, IMHO. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom